Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59093 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 06:44:56 »

either Lindsay is a genius or he's fucked

In fairness - he can’t lose.

If he gets absolutely anywhere other than rock bottom with those signings he’ll be known as a miracle worker.
If it’s a dumpster fire he can basically lay the blame at the recruitment / finances - assume he isn’t the one making the signings at the expense of ‘actual’ L2 standard signings
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 08:17:45 »

either Lindsay is a genius or he's fucked

Our experience suggests that it is unlikely to be the former...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 09:39:02 »

In fairness - he can’t lose.
He can lose hugely financially though.

Team performs shit, Crawley go into admin, he loses his job with no severance pay or redundancy money as the club file for insolvancy and end.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 09:44:13 »

He can lose hugely financially though.

Team performs shit, Crawley go into admin, he loses his job with no severance pay or redundancy money as the club file for insolvancy and end.

I suppose but the blame for all that wouldn’t be put on his shoulders.
His stock wouldn’t be any worse were that too happen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:09:44 »

I know its early and there are many factors but if I was a gambling man I would put money on Crawley either being relegated or not completing the season.

All the players are Lindseys picks apparently as hes the last person at the club, all the rest of the staff appear to have left, DoF, chief scout, CEO and coach.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:13:29 »

I know its early and there are many factors but if I was a gambling man I would put money on Crawley either being relegated or not completing the season.

All the players are Lindseys picks apparently as hes the last person at the club, all the rest of the staff appear to have left, DoF, chief scout, CEO and coach.

I honestly couldn't give a gnats arse about Crawley, albeit I would feel a bit sorry for their fans if they were relegated as I would for fans of any team so affected.

On the bright side its only one relegation spot we have to avoid at the end of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:38:54 »

I'm in agreement Venks. Since those Crypto geeks have taken over it's all been a bit odd at Crawley. They were regarded by many to be one of the favourites to go up last season but it was a total car crash. Bet365 (other betting sites are available) have them second favourites behind Harrogate at 7/2. Perhaps the goals of Telford might save them, without him, I think they are going down, and fast.

I've never really liked Crawley, no real reason why. I was overcharged for a bacon roll there once and their setup is all a bit non-league which probably has a bearing and so if I had to choose a team to go down, they'd be quite high up the list.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:50:07 »

Almost inclined to read lindseys comments about these players when they signed just for shits and giggles.

Says the same in every interview, shouldn't be hard to work out.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:55:37 »

I've never really liked Crawley, no real reason why.
2 words.
Steve
Evans

Even though hes long left them the arrogance of thier fans grated on me a lot, petty I know as we are as guilty of that at the time too I am sure.

I hear Telford is being touted to clubs to get his (alleged) £5k per week off the books, he turned down a move to Orient in January as they werent willing to pay more than 50% of the wage he wanted. And who can blame him losing 50% earnings on a contract given out by a group of chancers.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 10:59:53 »

Gills no longer interested in Sheyi Ojo apparently, but sign Shadrach Ogie from Leyton Orient.

Tranny have signed left-back Jake Leake on loan from Hull City.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11:01:42 »

Gills no longer interested in Sheyi Ojo apparently, but sign Shadrach Ogie from Leyton Orient.

Tranny have signed left-back Jake Leake on loan from Hull City.

Tranmere also sold Ethan Bristow to Minnesota united for an undisclosed fee. (rumoured to be around 300k)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11:07:06 »

Just confirmed Jesse Debrah has left Halifax. I wonder . . .
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11:12:55 »

Debrah is going t'Barnsley.

I do note that Mickey Demetriou, who allegedly was going to join Crewe, hasn't signed anywhere yet. I wonder if Flynn might look to resurrect something there. Despite being 33, Newport fans reckon he's still reliable at this level.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11:14:33 »

Just confirmed Jesse Debrah has left Halifax. I wonder . . .

Going to Barnsley apparently.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11:29:55 »

That was supposed to be last week.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: