Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 60313 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, July 13, 2023, 20:08:16 »

Confirmed now. Wrexham getting going
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #256 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 09:36:42 »

FGR sign experienced keeper Luke Daniels after his release from Middlesborough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 09:41:24 »

FGR sign experienced keeper Luke Daniels after his release from Middlesborough.

Annoyingly I thought FGR might have been one of the sides to struggle this season, and they still could, but that's a couple of reasonable signings they've made this week, nothing exciting, but solid enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #258 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 10:36:46 »

Annoyingly I thought FGR might have been one of the sides to struggle this season, and they still could, but that's a couple of reasonable signings they've made this week, nothing exciting, but solid enough.
TBH mate I think most sides have already made 2 or 3 very good signings so far. Some sides seem to have made even more of what I would call "solid for L2" signings.

Its going to be a tough season even if we do sign a few good players.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 10:38:43 »

TBH mate I think most sides have already made 2 or 3 very good signings so far. Some sides seem to have made even more of what I would call "solid for L2" signings.

Its going to be a tough season even if we do sign a few good players.

Yeah absolutely agree JJ. I think even Harrogate have made some decent signings for this level. On paper, the standard does appear to have increased. Let's see how it plays out on grass, where it matters though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #260 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 10:45:26 »

Here is the view "so far" from The League Paper on new signings and predictions.

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/latest-news/football-league-division-two/399115/league-two-preview-and-predictions-the-runners-and-riders-as-2023-24-campaign-gets-under-way/

Peter Venkman

« Reply #261 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 10:47:00 »

Yeah absolutely agree JJ. I think even Harrogate have made some decent signings for this level. On paper, the standard does appear to have increased. Let's see how it plays out on grass, where it matters though.
Absolutely, on grass is where it matters and if they take a long time to gel it could slow their starts, but being many of them are in well before the season starts then that could also give them a boost in togetherness too over the sides who sign players later in the window.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:38:24 »

I think that is pretty fair tbh - I have us down as ~10th with the current activity

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:43:10 »

I think that is pretty fair tbh - I have us down as ~10th with the current activity

Agreed, I think most think that without adding to the squad we are a mid table team, hopefully a few good additions will see us in the top 7 with a chance of a top 3.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:44:57 »

We were 10th last season right? So losing Reed, Gladwin, Williams, Baudry (i know he was injured for most of it), McDonald. Jephcott, Brynn etc has been offset with a full season of Austin, Brewitt and McEachran, and swapping manager for Flynn. And that leaves us on par with last season.

Jury has to be out on Flynn given Walsall's season, as much as i like what he has said so far. But i don't see how we claim to be as strong as last season, especially when the league is stronger.

We are bottom half territory at the moment.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:48:51 »

I don't know if the league is stronger top to bottom as much as there are just better teams at the top. I'd argue there are clearer troubled sides already this year (Crawley, Morecambe). 10th sounds about right to me, but it's the kind of 10th where the playoff dream dies early, rather than the just missing out kind.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:50:47 »

FWIW I currently have us about 16th. Good enough to be away from trouble, but a very tedious season.

Obviously that will change when Flynn brings in a proper spine of the side.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:59:30 »

FWIW I currently have us about 16th. Good enough to be away from trouble, but a very tedious season.

Obviously that will change when if Flynn brings in a proper spine of the side.
We can but hope Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #268 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 13:00:10 »

I recon 10th to 12th currently.

DMC

« Reply #269 on: Friday, July 14, 2023, 13:03:16 »

There are far too many goals and assists in the team for a bottom half position imo. Probably wrong
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: