Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59083 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 22:09:15 »

Think a 4th striker would be a ‘nice to have’ rather than a ‘definitely need’
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:25:04 »

Think a 4th striker would be a ‘nice to have’ rather than a ‘definitely need’

That surprises me that you think that, most of last season a lot of people people we hankering for a big man up top and I thought you were one of them, i certainly am.

I think we need to add to our spine in all areas - 2 GK's, at least 1 CB, probably 2 CM and 1 focal striker for me.  The rest of the existing team is perfectly adequate to fill in around that, add a few loans in and bob is your dad's brother.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #182 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:25:13 »

Wrexham could be gazumped by Crewe in their pursuit of Nick Powell who is training with the Railwaymen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:28:36 »

That surprises me that you think that, most of last season a lot of people people we hankering for a big man up top and I thought you were one of them, i certainly am.

I think we need to add to our spine in all areas - 2 GK's, at least 1 CB, probably 2 CM and 1 focal striker for me.  The rest of the existing team is perfectly adequate to fill in around that, add a few loans in and bob is your dad's brother.
I wanted a big man up front to change things a bit in games or against certain opposition.

I would suggest 2 keepers(1 with load sof experience), 2 expereinced CB's, a tough tackling DMC, a box to box ball carrier and a big striker.

I would mind a few of those being loans more so in attacking positions, also hopefully a couple of young loan options on the wings too.

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:30:01 »

Feels like ages since we’ve had proper wingers. Or are they going out of fashion and being replaced with wing backs and “wide forwards” who are just attackers not quite good enough to play up front but have something about them and are a bit quick.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #185 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:31:19 »

Salford sign left back Luke Garbutt from Blackpool, a very good signing at this level.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:32:33 »

Feels like ages since we’ve had proper wingers. Or are they going out of fashion and being replaced with wing backs and “wide forwards” who are just attackers not quite good enough to play up front but have something about them and are a bit quick.

Definitely out of fashion at all levels - not many managers outside of Sean Dyche play with "proper" wingers. Someone like Demerai Gray or something is probably the most "wingery" winger in England.

Remeao Hutton is definitely a right winger 10 years ago - he's basically Jon Paul McGovern skillset wise. Those players get made into full backs now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 09:44:55 »

Definitely out of fashion at all levels - not many managers outside of Sean Dyche play with "proper" wingers. Someone like Demerai Gray or something is probably the most "wingery" winger in England.

Remeao Hutton is definitely a right winger 10 years ago - he's basically Jon Paul McGovern skillset wise. Those players get made into full backs now.
Absolutely.

I love an attacking winger but they are a dying breed and as you rightly state wingbacks seem to be the "en vogue" style now. A role that not many at this level can play well too.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 10:05:40 »

Absolutely.

I love an attacking winger but they are a dying breed and as you rightly state wingbacks seem to be the "en vogue" style now. A role that not many at this level can play well too.

It seems to be quite cyclical as fashions change, probably the first example I remember was Gary Steven sat Everton back in the 80's.

They also came back into vogue in the late 90's early 00's just before I finished playing Sunday league and as you say it was trying to shoehorn defenders into being players that their skill set and basic fitness couldn't do, hence as an occasional right back I jacked it in.

As with ball playing CB's and keepers, decent wing backs don't stay in the 4th tier for very long.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, June 29, 2023, 12:56:38 »

Gills now clear favourites to sign Alfie May apparently. Golden boot race in League Two next season is going to be a mad watch
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 08:16:12 »

Salford have signed Ossama Ashley from Colchester for 150k.

I'm itching to see how our transfer business is likely to compare to what has gone before us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 08:18:12 »

Tranmere sign keeper Luke McGee from FGR
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 08:37:16 »

Tranmere sign keeper Luke McGee from FGR
Good signing. Was hoping that’d be the sort of ‘keeper we would be looking at, he was Forest Green’s no. 1 when they won the league.

Will be interesting to see if the QPR lad is going to be first choice or there’s a more experienced option to come in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 08:41:28 »

Good signing. Was hoping that’d be the sort of ‘keeper we would be looking at, he was Forest Green’s no. 1 when they won the league.

Will be interesting to see if the QPR lad is going to be first choice or there’s a more experienced option to come in.

I think the club had hoped that would have been Ward, had the Sutton contract situation not clearly have been so preventative.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 08:44:07 »

True - you’d hope for Ward’s sake that dispute isn’t still rumbling on..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: