Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59047 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 14:06:08 »

I think it's way too early to know exactly who are going to be staking a big claim for promotion. Given where we are having yet to make any move in the transfer market putting us in any accumulator is both brave and foolhardy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 14:11:58 »

28/1 with SkyBet
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 14:45:06 »

Farquharson signs for Walsall.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, June 23, 2023, 14:50:12 »

Farquharson signs for Walsall.

Mildly amusing that we're being linked to everyone from Newport and Walsall and now players are moving between the two of them. We have a transfer triangle!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 10:25:45 »

Salford make their first signings in Alex Cairns from Fleetwood.

Leaving Accrington, Swindon and Wrexham the last teams to add a first signing to their squad for the up coming season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 11:53:24 »

Wrexham have probably got some big signings announcement day lined up or something very American.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 12:06:01 »

Wrexham have probably got some big signings announcement day lined up or something very American.

Using the draft system perhaps?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:07:45 »

Current new signings table 3pm 28/6 - Walsall add 1

8 DONCASTER ROVERS
7 GRIMSBY TOWN
6 AFC WIMBLEDON
6 BARROW
6 COLCHESTER UNITED
6 HARROGATE TOWN
6 MORECAMBE
5 BRADFORD CITY
5 NOTTS COUNTY
5 SUTTON UNITED
5 WALSALL
4 Franchise
4 TRANMERE ROVERS
3 CREWE ALEXANDRA
3 GILLINGHAM
3 MANSFIELD TOWN
3 NEWPORT COUNTY
3 STOCKPORT COUNTY
2 FOREST GREEN ROVERS
1 CRAWLEY TOWN
1 SALFORD CITY
0 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
0 SWINDON TOWN
0 WREXHAM

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:11:41 »

Having Wrexham down there kinda gives some comfort to our lack of action. Though i suspect we need more of a rebuild than they do honestly.

Is there an appropriate date where we can start to panic? Where Flynns talk of others overpaying is interpreted as we can't afford the players we want?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:13:30 »

Having Wrexham down there kinda gives some comfort to our lack of action. Though i suspect we need more of a rebuild than they do honestly.

Is there an appropriate date where we can start to panic? Where Flynns talk of others overpaying is interpreted as we can't afford the players we want?

I’d tend to disagree on Wrexham unless we’re targeting the same quality of player. They’re likely going for top end LGE1/Championship type players with their budget that usually free up later in the window, I doubt we’re going for the same level of quality. They also have a more than capable squad to start with.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:15:25 »

Ex Wxm defender Luke Waterfall thinks they don't need to add any players.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/sport/23614651.luke-waterfall-backing-former-club-wrexham-well/

I will only panic if we get to a week before the 1st game without new signings.

I am sure Flynn has picked out targtes and that they are realistic targets, its just normal for football fans to be concerned when other teams have made some very good signings at this level already though.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:34:23 »

People get concerned if players aren’t in at the beginning of pre season training/games. Feels like a catch-up situation as the actual season gets going. I can imagine Clem wants players who are OOC by June 30th doesn’t want to take on wages earlier than he needs to - shades of Power.

In essence, fans want to see evidence of a change of approach from the previous regime.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 10:46:36 »

In essence, fans want to see evidence of a change of approach from the previous regime.
I think this is the main concern for many Town fans. We dont want the all to often "one for the future" type signings we have had recently.

We need players that can challenge for a starting slot and have experience in L2/L1 or higher rather than the Premier U21/U23 leagues who have had maybe one loan spell previously.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 11:10:26 »

agreed and we may yet well see that, but the sooner they are in the better.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 11:15:23 »

I think this is the main concern for many Town fans. We dont want the all to often "one for the future" type signings we have had recently.

We need players that can challenge for a starting slot and have experience in L2/L1 or higher rather than the Premier U21/U23 leagues who have had maybe one loan spell previously.

There is a real expectation management problem this season as well. Most seasons we would reasonably expect to be top 7, as the assumption is that our support would put our budget somewhere in that range.

This season i think we all know there are at least 7-8 clubs that seem to have budgets in excess of ours. That's a hard pill to swallow for a club that really should be a league one club.

That means we need to over achieve this season to hit the clubs aims, and the fans requirements.

Everything has to go well if we are going to 'over' achieve, and that for most of us would include having the squad together as soon as possible. We can't afford to still be putting the squad together when we are 4-5 games into the season etc. Every game counts more than ever next season.

Still not even July yet. No panic yet. However i do hope the first signings are players that give the club some hope. If they are squad players or young potential then i think people are going to get very worried very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: