Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 59073 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 15:29:32 »

Surprised by that.

The Gills also heavily linked with Alfie May which would be a good signing.

I think they are battling with Charlton for his signature. I can't really see after a great season in league 1 that he would seriously consider dropping a division. But stranger things have happened I suppose.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 15:58:58 »

I think they are battling with Charlton for his signature. I can't really see after a great season in league 1 that he would seriously consider dropping a division. But stranger things have happened I suppose.

Paul Mullin enters the chat.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:01:56 »

Adam Rooney going from European football at Aberdeen to Salford (who I think were still in non league at the time), obviously for the challenge 😉
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:06:19 »

I did think about Mullin when I was originally typing that message but I figured Wrexham were a bit of an outlier.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:11:07 »

Adam Rooney going from European football at Aberdeen to Salford (who I think were still in non league at the time), obviously for the challenge 😉
Yes, double the weekly challenge in his pay packet Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 19, 2023, 16:19:00 »

I did think about Mullin when I was originally typing that message but I figured Wrexham were a bit of an outlier.

I think Mullin could also at least claim that Wrexham was nearer where he was from, albeit I imagine the 3 year contract was not for monkey nuts!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2023, 13:36:28 »

Notts County sign Dan Crowley. Slightly remember him from that 6-1 friendly defeat to Birmingham a few years back, a certain Jude Bellingham stepped off the bench to score 2 against us that day as well.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:13:24 »

Notts County sign Dan Crowley. Slightly remember him from that 6-1 friendly defeat to Birmingham a few years back, a certain Jude Bellingham stepped off the bench to score 2 against us that day as well.
Crowley looked brilliant against us for Brum in the friendly, controlled midfield, good signing that.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:25:58 »

Half a dozen teams left not to have made any moves then. 'Crisis' clubs Morecambe and Crawley included in that. A bit surprised Salford haven't signed anyone yet. Maybe they have quite a settled squad now which doesn't require a lot of work.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:37:08 »

Half a dozen teams left not to have made any moves then. 'Crisis' clubs Morecambe and Crawley included in that. A bit surprised Salford haven't signed anyone yet. Maybe they have quite a settled squad now which doesn't require a lot of work.
Indeed, Morecambe and Creepy are understandable in their lack of new signings given the ongoing problems both have off the pitch.

Accrington too are struggling so I hear, not surprised on average attendances in L1 of well under 3k and no wealthy backers.

Wrexham are shouting about signing a lot of players but not actually getting any as yet as you say that leaves us and Salford.

Salford had the basis of a decent side last season but have lost their captain and longest serving player Touray to Stockport in the Summer.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:39:18 »

Indeed, Morecambe and Creepy are understandable in their lack of new signings given the ongoing problems both have off the pitch.

Accrington too are struggling so I hear, not surprised on average attendances in L1 of well under 3k and no wealthy backers.

Wrexham are shouting about signing a lot of players but not actually getting any as yet as you say that leaves us and Salford.

Salford had the basis of a decent side last season but have lost their captain and longest serving player Touray to Stockport in the Summer.

I don't actually think Wrexham will go mad with signings. I can see them maybe bringing in 3,4 or 5 players of real quality. Actually is Ben Foster technically a signing JJ, or more of a contract extension?

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:40:37 »

Maybe we have made several signings but there is nobody at the club to announce them. They only just appointed a new club secretary as well right?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 10:42:59 »

Maybe we have made several signings but there is nobody at the club to announce them. They only just appointed a new club secretary as well right?

Fair play to the club - the Who's Who has been updated - we no longer have a vacancy at head coach level Smiley

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 14:48:38 »

Morecambe are off and running. They've signed Chris Stokes.

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2023, 15:14:58 »

Morecambe are off and running. They've signed Chris Stokes.

Down to 5 yet to do business then
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: