Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2006 Beta Demo Released  (Read 4726 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 09:47:14 »

Legend  Cheesy   Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:02:44 »

8 fucking meg broadband.

thats fucking ace

land_of_bo

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:47:51 »

£200 a month though, bit pricey for at home!

Still means, I just download stuff like this at work and burn it to CD...
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:53:52 »

Have you played the demo yet?  Any good? Cant really play it till i get home today!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
land_of_bo

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:58:05 »

Haven't installed yet, been a bit busy with work (believe it or not!?!)

Will do so at lunchtime though and give it a quick caning!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 10:58:51 »

i'm playing FM2005 at work (in my lunchtime Wink ) and i got saked by Swindon for being shit basically.

Now i'm with Doncaster and i checked on Swindon the other day as it's been 3 season since they sacked me and they haven't got any staff.

Willie Carson is still there and also Digby + a Scout.
all there players are leaving and they aren't employing a new manager or anything. It seems when players reach the end of there contracts they just leave and don't sign anyone.

Proves that FM2005 is the most realistic game around :-))(

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 11:01:22 »

Installed it at work, and had a look at the squad - looks OK, Roberts looks very good.

Deleted it already though, didn't want to get found out.

I'm deffo going to have a play at home though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 11:11:53 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

I'm deffo going to have a play at home though.

too much info!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 11:12:19 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Here you go

http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QN9O0HB80PZM06FN3P2CE3K9C

oh the joys of 8MB broadband - 1 min 20 to download and 3 mins to upload  :shock:  Back of the net

Cunt....  I mean legend, cheers much appreciated!  15% gone already  Cheesy

EDIT: Ok downloaded, looks impressive so far, but posted this on data issues - do people agree or have I had one too many of those pills my friend with an aphro gave me?

Having downloaded the FM2006 Beta Demo I am very disappointed with the Swindon Town data, and am dubious that the person responsible has ever seen the side.

Loan Players I am almost certain the players loaned from Manchester United - Colin Heath and Tom Heaton - were loaned for free, i.e.: we did not pay any of their wages, contrary to what is on FM2006.

Team James Walker should never be listed under the first team, whereas Rory Fallon most definitely should, as should Michael Pook and Andy Nicholas. Bulman, Wells and Caton should be in the reserves at least, if not the first team.

Goalkeepers Tom Heaton should have a higher attribute at kicking than Rhys Evans, currently 7 and 9 respectively. Evans has had numerous problems with kicking, which has generally been extremely wayward - should be lowered.

Jack Smith Should have central midfield as a convincing position - has played there several times in friendlies and league games and has looked decent, although primarily he is a full back.

Steve Jenkins Seems harsh that he is instantly on the transfer list, when in real life he is a member of the squad and likely to be in the first team once loan players return.

Strikeforce Andy King has tinkered with the personnel this season, but mostly it has been Rory Fallon and Jamie Cureton starting for Swindon. Neither Cureton or Thorpe should be seen as indispensible, and at the time of writing Thorpe is considered a back-up - not that he is particularly happy about it. Rory Fallon has been our best player, despite him being the least of the three.

Christian Roberts Should have winds up opposition fans/players as PPM - has a history of doing so.
land_of_bo

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 12:35:31 »

3 friendlies, 3 defeats, shit defence.

Pretty realistic, I am King in disguise

Signed Tony Grant on free transfer and he scored in first game but we still lost 4-2 to Crewe

The assistant manager thinks Migz isn't good enough to hold down a first team place and that Ifil could go on to become a club legend....
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:19:04 »

Downloading the file at work and I'll install it on my laptop at home tonight and have a bash.

Walrus - SI have people (fans I think) who feed them information on player stats and so on. I don't know who the individual is for us, but I'll try and find out for you so you can send this info on to him in the hope they 'fix it' for the real release in November.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:22:10 »

Oh, and kudos to land_of_bo for uploading the file as I can't access the SI site from work.  Beers
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:24:23 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
Downloading the file at work and I'll install it on my laptop at home tonight and have a bash.

Walrus - SI have people (fans I think) who feed them information on player stats and so on. I don't know who the individual is for us, but I'll try and find out for you so you can send this info on to him in the hope they 'fix it' for the real release in November.

I've posted that in the Data Issues Forum, but apparently much of what I said is due to the computer deciding these issues - so PA/CA's need to be tweaked, and someone needs to sort out the loans as 1.8k p/w for Heath is wayyy to high!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:44:54 »

ta bo
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:50:41 »

fucking brilliant bo, cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: