Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 24747 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:08:52 »

I'll be saving my money until this shite on the pitch is sorted. Fucking worst town team for a long time.

Good man Clap

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:08:54 »

But yes, let's sack him and bring big Dunc in...

Fuck me there is another classic from DV who thinks he is hilarious saying Morris Out every time we do badly. How did Forest Green get on today? Are they on their way to the promised land yet?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:09:10 »

Morris shoulders some of the blame today. He's had enough time to get this defence organised. it was shambling throughout

I agree that there's only so much he can do. I get this squad isn't good enough. And I get that next season he could win every game for all I know before some fucker says anything

But so far so shit.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:09:25 »

No we have got worse.....

Since Morris took over we always concede in the last couple of minutes

We cannot hold onto a lead...

We were awful before we are abysmal now!

All of the blame cannot be placed on Sandro and Lindsay....

And if you read my posts I haven't put all of the blame on Sandro and Lindsey, in fact I haven't mentioned them..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:09:38 »

10 league games we have conceded after the 80th minute, 12 goals in total.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:10:26 »

Could it possibly be that Morris got a good job at Chelsea, because he was a former player who stuck around for long enough? This is his first test isn’t it? He’s been at a big club but there is no evidence at all that he’s a good manager, yet.

However disjointed the squad may be, I’m surprised by how poor we have been for the past two months.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:10:47 »

Oof, that is... not good. More than a quarter of our total goals conceded.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:11:45 »

Ok,apart from Khadji,who of those who played today,is absolutely shite?
Genuine question. My blame of the management team has gone up to 99% in the space of 2 minutes

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:12:41 »

Indeed, there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone to take a share, aside maybe from Austin.  He, as far as I can tell, is the only person who seems to have actually performed in the job he is employed to do, and guess what? he's the only fucking one experienced at doing it!

I'm not ready to write off Morris, but his recruitment is another example of bringing in someone with no experience to talk of in doing what they have been asked to do.  He may have a bright future ahead of him, he may have that here, and in a season where you have great foundations, maybe he works out for us.  This season was not that.

Everything, from top to bottom, is being infected by inexperience.  None of  them have the immediate talent to overcome that - yes youth can be better than experienced shit, but we haven't employed that, anywhere.  We have employed 23+ players amongst whom you can barely put a couple of hundred Div 4 or above games together from.

Our Management teams have never done the job before.

Our Head of Recruitment knew how to hob nob with people at Cheltenham races but the square root of fuck all when it comes to running a Football Operations Dept.

Even our well meaning CEO has never even worked in the football industry and is flanked by a convicted Money Launderer (drug related) who seems to think his time is well spent in Pakistan earning a few quid and an ex-pro's Son who barely had a pro career and seems to have some business in horses but isn't really here, or maybe is.

Our owner knows how to fit out pipes and AC.

None of that should make our current situation surprising.

Pretty succinct right there..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:12:49 »

maybe our current owner isnt the saviour we were told he would be
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:13:02 »

Not just down to being defensively disorganised, or you'd be conceding as many in every other 10 minute block of the 90.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:13:14 »

And if you read my posts I haven't put all of the blame on Sandro and Lindsey, in fact I haven't mentioned them..
I don't think Lindsey was great.
I do think he had a better squad.

But thank fuck Lindsey got that run up to Mansfield. Without those points (or form as it is since) we'd be fucked right now.

not really replying to you Bernie, more a wider point on Lindsey
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:13:42 »

No we haven't, we were just as bad if not worse before

go back and look at the stats. You'll be surprised.
Especially goals conceded and disciplinary

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:13:57 »

Might be ridiculed but if I was Swindon I'd make him walk. This is a decent side I maintain
No idea why you think we're a decent side.  We've won 5 games sine the end of October, and even before then weren't great apart from Mansfield away.

I said in mid Sept that we looked like a lower mid table team and unfortunately we've done nothing to address it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, April 1, 2023, 16:14:09 »

I still maintain that was a more than decent starting line up. I'm finally beginning to think it's 95% down to Morris and sidekicks. Clueless as to how to kill off a game tactically

It's not though, a good team.  It's fragile - which you get from inexperience.  The team has been shit ALL season bar a couple of games.  Name me more than 3 games where we have outplayed, properly outplayed, the other team?  Then take away the ones against 10 men.

Morris has certainly done nothing to improve us and the team should be capable of getting more results than he has achieved, I'll give you that.  But this is not a top 3 team, not even a top 7 team.  The writing has been on the wall all season long, and that was before we let players go without really replacing them.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: