Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 63822 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:29:09 »

TBF we are just 1 point off that 4/5 you mention and as much as i think the blokes a clown i think those words he mentioned are being read into a bit too deeply which is what happens when the club say fuckall for 5 days. In essence he is right, we have competed with the best teams for 90 minutes but it's time we improved and and competed over the season now
Do you think it will be long until a new boss is named?
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:32:19 »

We need to get over this obsession with crowds making us 'big', for instance the year they went down Notts County averaged higher crowds than we did, but they weren't too 'big' to go down.

Agreed
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:33:20 »

“They leave us in a healthy position in the League Two table and have helped develop a squad of young players capable of competing with the very best sides in this division.”

Sandro needs firing on the spot if he genuinely believes this

This. Definitely this.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:35:33 »

Thing is in this day and age how much do attendances count towards overall budgets, money talks and in the main it comes as much from owners than fans. We need to get over this obsession with crowds making us 'big', for instance the year they went down Notts County averaged higher crowds than we did, but they weren't too 'big' to go down.

Its a different board game in many ways but look at the PL, Newcastle would consider themselves a big club but until they got an owner prepared to spunk cash about they were mid table at best, the manager is a big help to them (and would be to us also) but money talks and that 90% dependent on owners splashing it.

Been like that for years, my old man not been since the 80's, but started in the 40's and accordingly to him losing to who we should beat and vice versa has always been the Swindon way.

Which is why I mentioned those that over invest.  In the league above I think attendances become far less relevant.  They remain so in Div 4 for a club like ours, not for the many though, I agree.  10k ish average should bring healthy margins though.  If it were 500-1k above average I think we'd be swalloed up, but not where we have been, which is amazing by the way.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:37:52 »

Glad it’s done. Glad he’s gone and taken Day with him. I reckon Gunning turned them down - interesting to see who’s gain that will be in the long term.

Club simply cannot fuck up another managerial appointment. Get it. Two lots of compo for two managers now. Be bold and make a proper appointment that can win us promotion.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:45:16 »

Club simply cannot fuck up another managerial appointment. Get it. Two lots of compo for two managers now. Be bold and make a proper appointment that can win us promotion.

This.

Especially as we know adequate looking appointments are available and interested.

No excuse.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:51:24 »

its going to be Gunning, isnt it
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:57:32 »

As mentioned above, the club cannot afford to get two appointments in a row wrong. There is a lot on the line here (league position, fan relations, and the credibility and standing of the club). This is the single most important recruitment decision that they can make. There are good quality managers that appear to be available. Scrimping on this (which there is, of course, zero evidence that they would do so again) undermines any attempt to move up the leagues and any attempt to turn a profit on players to make us sustainable.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:00:04 by Frigby Daser » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:59:35 »

The problem is that that decision is going to be made by people with very limited footballing experience
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:01:48 »

I note with some interest that we have Crawley on the last day of the season. That could be fun if there's anything riding on it for either team.

I can feel myself getting more bitter at some of the strange stuff from our side. "Clearly loved the club" - he's fucked off at the first opportunity after five months in post, people crucified Garner and Wellens for less than that.

Look, it's the right outcome, I'm trying to be "ends justified the means" about this, but fucking hell, the club and some people are acting like he's John Trollope or something here. I'm not going to bear him much ill will or anything, but he's not done right by the club at all here and we shouldn't pretend he has.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:05:55 by Nemo » Logged
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:04:23 »

The problem is that that decision is going to be made by people with very limited footballing experience

But many with little or no league experience seem to think that they have the answer.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:06:48 »

Please God no.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:07:39 »

Could very well be
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:09:04 »

Please God no.
They couldn’t spin that one under the ‘continuity’ excuse.

It’d finish the credibility of Clem and the club.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 14:10:40 »

They couldn’t spin that one under the ‘continuity’ excuse.

It’d finish the credibility of Clem and the club.

The Duke of Portsmouth 😂🤮

Could join the smelly one with the bell.😂😂⚽️
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: