Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 63414 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 08:42:51 »

Although not to worry anyone but I looked back at the summer Garner/Charlton shenanigans to get a feel for that timeline. First rumours of Garner to Charlton were on May 25th, he wasn't confirmed there until June 8th, two full weeks later, and we didn't appoint Lindsay until a further 12 days after that, so 26 total days of drama.

The Lindsey out/to Crawley rumours started six days ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 08:53:34 »

20 more days = 31 January 2023

We simply don't have that time.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 08:58:02 »

Although not to worry anyone but I looked back at the summer Garner/Charlton shenanigans to get a feel for that timeline. First rumours of Garner to Charlton were on May 25th, he wasn't confirmed there until June 8th, two full weeks later, and we didn't appoint Lindsay until a further 12 days after that, so 26 total days of drama.

20 more days = 31 January 2023

We simply don't have that time.

That was during the summer break though, not that January transfer window. However badly some things may have been handled, I can't bring myself to believe the club's leadership would drag it out that long this time.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:00:34 »

We are 'Gav Gunning's Red & White Army!!!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:03:34 »

Drop the Gav and that would read/sing better. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:09:40 »

Sandro would be wise enough to just STFU with the mess his last appointment made and the situation we currently find ourselves in.

This. I'd already rather he was gone.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:11:23 »

Don't think you are alone. I had previously thought Ryan Whelan to be pretty on the money about these things and he tweeted about an announcement being made today but now when I read about what he said about Artell and what DMC has said, i'm less confident. 

Yeah, I'm more sceptical. He's got some stuff right which means you can trust what he says a bit more. But its also looking like he is getting stuff wrong.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:12:16 »

Not a notion. It's difficult to know what's truth and fiction really with what Journos post on Twitter and the ITK, not so ITK people on here etc. Guess we'll find out eventually.

I haven't got a clue any more, there has ben so much flying around that has turned out to be nonsense so we shall see, if I were an incoming manager I would be very worried that in certain ways the club seems to leak like a sieve.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:15:18 »

Maybe this is me clutching at straws, but wasn't Ryan Whelan the one who has broke a few stories before the club did, so maybe, the club have just kept things quiet or fed him some mis truths to throw him off the scent??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:16:31 »

Sorry if I’m going over old ground here but was Lindsey’s appointment made by Sandro and no one else? As suggested by at least two people in this thread.
That doesn’t make sense.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:20:23 »

If that happens the meltdown after will be absolutely justified. If any of the usual suspects is mocking the negativity on that would then you can get to fuck.

I'm strongly of the opinion there is no way Clem would be that thick though. Sandro on the other hand who appointed Lindsey without interviewing him......
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:23:08 »

Sorry if I’m going over old ground here but was Lindsey’s appointment made by Sandro and no one else? As suggested by at least two people in this thread.
That doesn’t make sense.

Not completely clear, is it? Clem would obviously have to sign anything off, but how much autonomy he gave Sandro and how involved he was, probably only he can answer.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:39:12 »

That doesn’t make sense.

Herein lies the problem, so much simple conjecture or rumour is presented as FACT and treated as such, then gets quietly forgotten until the same sources then present something different as FACT and repeat ad nauseam.

As an example, and only as its immediately above this post not picking on him solely (at least when I am typing it)  in one post Chalkies says definitively that Shandy appointed Lindsey without interviewing him, and then in an immediately following one says that Clem signed it off, but then accepts that actually only Clem knows the answer?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:01:46 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:42:54 »

That doesn’t make sense.

The other thing is the DDR approach. Its OK wondering if Sandro is the man to do it best, but the actual approach has come down from above. That's why he was recruited!

So if the approach is wrong, blaming Sandro is pointless.
If the execution is wrong, fair enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:44:32 »

Sandro might have been part of the interview panel and Sandro might have had say.
There is no chance in hell he was given carte blanche  to hire a manager in the summer.
Not having that one.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: