Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car ramp time hire near Swindon  (Read 2091 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 19:50:12 »

I need to get my car until on a ramp to di some jobs. I know you can hire places by the hour to do your own work but having access to garage facilities. Nearest I have found is in Didcot  Roll Eyes I thought there would be a local option but I can't find one.

Anyone know of one?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 07:30:41 »

Maybe not the closest but I've travelled a fair distance to use this is your garage just outside Oxford multiple times before as they're really really good. Nothing's too much to ask but they're also happy to leave you alone and just let you crack on with it. I'd always recommend going with someone else, for the simple fact if one of you needs to run to Halfords or ECP it makes it easier, and if you need to leave the car overnight you've got a lift!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 08:17:59 »

Yeah, I saw that one. Do you know what the prices are like? Will be fitting my own exhaust and rear engine mount so will probably take a couple of hours.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 14:44:38 »

Was about £20/25 an hour, which sounds like a lot 'just' to use a lift,  but when you factor in doing multiple things booking for 4 hours vs paying equivalent man hour prices at any garage works out wayyyyy cheaper.

Went with 2 friends and in 4 hours we'd replaced fluids on 2 of our cars, fitted a new exhaust, and redone 3 engine mounts. Works out wayyyyy cheaper when there's more of you.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 3, 2022, 14:48:30 »

That sounds a great way to keep cost down just a shame it hasn't caught on in Swindon yet.

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: