Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Miserable  (Read 2285 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 17:53:33 »

What a totally miserable day.  The mood of the day was summed up when I snatched up my car keys this morning, only for the “me-to-you” I love you keyring my ex bought me fell off.  The mood in the Town End was far from loving either, and the early goal gave the doubters an excuse to shout for King’s head, which I felt obliged to join in.  Whilst the doubters still remain a marginal minority, with just two league wins this season it cannot be long before we’re back to the Autumn 2003 situation, whereby 7 league games had not yielded a point and 95% of fans were demanding the manager’s fat bald head.

With the playoffs seemingly out of reach at this ridiculously early stage, I feel now is the time for a switch.  With rumours of King being only a month-to-month contract, sacking may not be an expensive option, although there is no guarantee that the cheap fix brought in would be any better.  The problem seems to be that there is a general lack of motivation and organisation.  This is clearly demonstrated by the number of early goals we have conceded, and the lacklustre performances we have put in for the majority of the season.  With tremendous support from a stand suffering a civil war, there is no excuse for the team.  It’s crap.  End of.  I could point at King’s tactical failings, and the odd decision to make two changes at half time, but they’re arguments which have been exhausted and it’s almost a given that King’s tactical knowledge is that of small goose.  The only positives from today was the lively performance of Tony Thorpe when he was given his chance, and Pook’s very impressive Miglioranzi impression once moved to the centre of the park (how long will it take King to realise that neither Pook nor Miglioranzi is a winger?).

The frustration of sitting in the Town End really got to me, with most of the fans being highly hypocritical.  The arguments and heated words which were exchanged are pointless and a bit daft, and probably the result of a drink too many. Where the fuck do we go from here?  One thing is for certain – I won’t be making the trip to 240-mile round trip to Bournemouth next weekend.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 18:20:36 »

have to say, guy stood by me kept arguing with someone, i kept telling him it ain't worth it but kept having a go, just annoys me. don't see the point in it. just ends up with nothing...don't see the point. whenever they chanted king out, tried to sing over the top but most people had given up due to the rubbish on the pitch!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:35:49 »

I've been going to the County Ground since 1985, I've never walked out of a game before the final whistle until today. I won't chant against the team or the manager during the game, but today they deserved everything they got.

King may be a great judge of a player, but what's the point in having good payers if none of them can pass the ball to someone wearing the same colour shirt?

Time for a change.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:40:01 »

I am confused and worried.
Today the performance was aweful. But I COULD NOT BELIEVE the guy who said that was the worst game he has EVER seen. Where was he last season?!

I think part of the problem is King, and agree with sooo many comments about him, but feel that NOBODY ever blames the players. Today Rory couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo, Migs didn't know what to do with the ball, Gurney didn't mark anybody, Smith was always out of position, Whalley was slow, Ifil was careless and I could go on.

I would like to see a change in management, but I think we need to realise it may not be a viable option.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:46:01 »

I didnt chant King Out during the game but i cant believe how many people are sticking up for him!?.

I think i spotted Walrus and his multi coloured hair today?.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:54:07 »

I was sat a few rows behind Walrus.
I don't think people were sticking up for him. Its just that they realise chanting KING OUT is not going to help the team at all.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:56:59 »

I left my anger till the final whistle.
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 08:12:59 »

Those in the town end venting their frustration could have significantl improved our performance if they offered support. But that takes an ounce of intellect, which i think most of them lack.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 08:28:29 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I was sat a few rows behind Walrus.
I don't think people were sticking up for him. Its just that they realise chanting KING OUT is not going to help the team at all.

Spot on.

It's sad when our own fans argue with each other DURING the game. I say get behind the team for 90 then do what the hell you like.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 11:26:48 »

You're all chicken, too scared to say hello.

The King Out brigade, myself included, still joined in the Red Army chants for the most part and got behind the team, but of course people will vent their frustration during the game when they're watching such fucking tosh.  Some of the football played was embarrassing, and memories of the LDV game last season were reserrected.

The players need to learn to play under such abuse if they're going to make a habbit of playing like that, which so far this season they have.  It is fucking stupid singing "Lou Macari's Barmy Army" I agree, but when you're 1-0 and unable to create chances against a newly promoted side I feel compelled to abuse the manager.  The attendance, the atmosphere and the performance surely must lead the board to one conclusion?
Sussex

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 11:42:22 »

Highlight for me yesterday was Yeovil, Spacey and Whits wolf whistling you when he walked in the Merlin  Cheesy

T'was a shit day mind  :|
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 12:07:51 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Highlight for me yesterday was Yeovil, Spacey and Whits wolf whistling you when he walked in the Merlin  Cheesy

T'was a shit day mind  :|

It was better when KT and his dad were they and Spacey was getting a round in and addressed Toms dad as 'Mr. Kinky' he didnt respond but I found it hillarious  
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:48:43 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
You're all chicken, too scared to say hello.

The King Out brigade, myself included, still joined in the Red Army chants for the most part and got behind the team, but of course people will vent their frustration during the game when they're watching such fucking tosh.  Some of the football played was embarrassing, and memories of the LDV game last season were reserrected.

The players need to learn to play under such abuse if they're going to make a habbit of playing like that, which so far this season they have.  It is fucking stupid singing "Lou Macari's Barmy Army" I agree, but when you're 1-0 and unable to create chances against a newly promoted side I feel compelled to abuse the manager.  The attendance, the atmosphere and the performance surely must lead the board to one conclusion?

Yes im going to risk shouting "hello" to a complete stranger.
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:49:48 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Those in the town end venting their frustration could have significantl improved our performance if they offered support. But that takes an ounce of intellect, which i think most of them lack.

So you're saying that the continous Red Army chanting wasnt getting behind the team!?. :roll:
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:52:52 »

I understand that EVERYBODY wants the best for our club, and that we all have opinions on how this can be achieved, but chanting abuse will not encourage the players, will not encourage the manager, and it has been made clear that it will not influence the board.

There is a difference between turning up, paying for a ticket and wanting the team to win, and actually SUPPORTING the team
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: