Pages: 1 ... 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 ... 905   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1384249 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13215 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 13:08:18 »

Compare and contrast:
- A Moyles/retro bank holiday festival that is cheaper than ours, aimed at families and has more stuff like fair rides (so you're not penned in when the turnstiles close at 6.
- An actual concert with a big artist : Take That
- Euros Screenings
- Outdoor Cinema screenings
- 'Audience with' events in the Legends equivalent.

https://homeparkstadium.com/events/

And how many times do Argyle have to promote it on their socials? Hardly at all. Too busy promoting season tickets and football operations. Like a normal club.

Bless

Saw City have one with Neyo and Craig David at Ashton Gate too advertised on the TVs at the gym. Looked and sighed to myself.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13216 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 13:22:33 »

No just twitter speculation based on Fittons Interview on BBC Wiltshire which the adver have rehashed. 

I think any potential buyer that came in to buy STFC would have a hell of time trying to unravel the goings on at our club

They need to stop getting left on read by Clem first.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13217 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 13:24:47 »

People are delving a little too deep into Andrew Fitton. He's stated he would love to help out the club as it's obviously a mess but he didn't hear back. He'd more than happy like to help in some capacity if new owners came in.

Yeah, the odds on him having more rich mates he can convince to step in to an even bigger mess next time is seriously slim.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13218 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 14:02:47 »

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I don't really have a problem with the concerts themselves.

If they don't lose the club money then great.

I do have a problem with the way they have totally shut down comms on football but carried on promoting the concerts on official stfc SM. I suspect that may be contractual but self defeating not to anyway.

I could see myself going to the could be real one if there was a slightly different lineup. Not sure I fancy being unable to leave/re-enter mind.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13219 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 14:13:40 »

They're not acts that were ever realistically going to make sense for a stadium show. That was fucking obvious from the start. By the looks of it 90s hangover might have done a bit better than I thought and if they get a decent late push, it might not lose them too much money, maybe even get somewhere close to break even but the other one is a disaster.

You could see it coming a fucking mile away.

Also, stage on the side is interesting but why on earth would you put it on the Don Rogers side and use the arkells? the arkells is a shit pit with rivers of piss in the toilets by 2:50 most weeks. At least give people the impression of our stadium the much more modern Don Rogers stand and have the stage the other side.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13220 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 14:49:01 »

The Arkells will be in use for the Hospitality bit, that's all.  If you had boxes in the DR, then you could flip it and put in temporary Hospitality facilities in the end and maybe some of the concourse, plus a marquee on the grass area.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13221 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 14:49:21 »

When are they relaying the pitch this year?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13222 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 14:50:05 »

When are they relaying the pitch this year?

I thought they said they wouldn't be relaying it - not a full replacement anyway, just a sort of top scrape and reseed.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #13223 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 16:06:17 »

I think printed match day programmes are on the wane. Wouldn't surprise me if we stopped doing it pretty soon as I dint think we make any money from it do we?
Swindon has a strong following on buying progs. They do they make money on them I'm told, just more of a faff writing/producing them apparently.
Just can't be bothered like everything else going on. But a small profit and extra advertising is more revenue lost. Sad

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #13224 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 19:20:50 »

Swindon has a strong following on buying progs. They do they make money on them I'm told, just more of a faff writing/producing them apparently.
Just can't be bothered like everything else going on. But a small profit and extra advertising is more revenue lost. Sad

talking of programmes, just watched an old Inspector frost episode where one of the characters was a Swindon fan and saw an old programme. Possibly George N'dah on the cover
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13225 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 19:46:48 »

Swindon has a strong following on buying progs.

What about pogs? Shall we bring those back?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13226 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 20:04:31 »

What about pogs? Shall we bring those back?
Have to catch him first! He’s winning the Giro by a mile at the moment!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13227 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 20:09:09 »

talking of programmes, just watched an old Inspector frost episode where one of the characters was a Swindon fan and saw an old programme. Possibly George N'dah on the cover

Seen that before. Denton is based on Swindon.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13228 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 21:43:08 »

Nailed it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. In plain sight... naiiiilled itttt  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #13229 on: Friday, May 24, 2024, 22:26:47 »

I am of the opinion that it really requires HMRC to move in and to really go through the books and check all the crap that has been going on with STFC. It could well flush out the who/where /what of the actual string pullers which includes without a doubt Power. There are times when a severed horses head (for those of an another era) at the bottom of the bed might be the catalyst to put a stop to all this sh*t we as fans are experiencing.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 ... 905   Go Up
Print
Jump to: