Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Family tree  (Read 6493 times)
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:18:58 »

Have any of you tried to trace your family tree. I've had a crack at my wife's and mine. No royalty thankfully but normal families can be quite interesting.
Did a DNA test and was 96% Irish 2% Welsh and 2% Scottish. The 2% Scottish is either my blood clots or my arsehole.
My wife's DNA is all over the place, she's a right mongrel.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:23:12 »

Yep. I'm 59% English/Welsh, 41% Irish/Scots with 0.2% viking in there. I'll pillage your village  Smiley
One grandfather was a Scot, and a great grandmother came over from Cork in Ireland in the late 19th century.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:29:09 by 4D » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:25:34 »

On a side note chalkies, you could be a lucky talisman posting back on here.  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:26:12 »

she's a right mongrel.

We prefer multinational.

I know I have English, Irish, German relatives at granparent level, and Danish somewhere not much further back. WATCCOE
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:31:43 »

Yep. I'm 59% English/Welsh, 41% Irish/Scots with 0.2% viking in there. I'll pillage your village  Smiley
One grandfather was a Scot, and a great grandmother came over from Cork in Ireland in the late 19th century.
My wife is 2% Norwegian so no pillaging of my village. She's mainly northern monkey, a fair bit of Irish, a bit less Scottish and Welsh then bits German, french and Norwegian.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:32:42 »

On a side note chalkies, you could be a lucky talisman posting back on here.  Cheesy
Doubt it
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:41:56 »

Have any of you tried to trace your family tree. I've had a crack at my wife's and mine. No royalty thankfully but normal families can be quite interesting.
Did a DNA test and was 96% Irish 2% Welsh and 2% Scottish. The 2% Scottish is either my blood clots or my arsehole.

My old man has got ours back to the 1500's and we are the most boring buggers ever, I imagine if I did a DNA test it would be limited to a breakdown of Berkshire, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, not sure any of my relatives back in history wandered much beyond that.

One thing we did learn not long before she died was that it was pretty common suspicion in the village she was brought up in that my mum was the result of the squire having his way with my nan, not sure if that entitles me to anything, especially as my nan didn't like me very much (offspring of mums second marriage and in nans eyes I had the wrong father).

Are those DNA tests easy to do and cheap, might fancy a blast whilst I am not spending money on anything else!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 10:48:47 »

Are those DNA tests easy to do and cheap, might fancy a blast whilst I am not spending money on anything else!
Yeah they arent too bad, got the wife one for Christmas for about £50 and had mine done a year ago for a little more, that was the 2nd test I had done.

The first by My Heritage, a US based one was utter shit, came back as 100% German from Nuremberg! yes I was more Aryan than Hitler! not 1% UK or other at all!

I complained and they said it was impossible to tell between countries, so I would say please do not use them, they are shit and the DNA results rubbish.

Myself and the wife had ours done by Ancestry, they often have deals on for less that advertised.

You spit in a bottle, send it to Ireland and they analyse it and give great results.

I will see if I can find mine and post up.

As for the Family tree yes we did ours on Ancestry which is great for resources etc, well worth it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:07:13 »

Ausgezeichnet Herr Venkmann  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:11:55 »

This was what the Ancestry results came back as.
Mine.

The wife.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:21:16 »

Are you the original chalkies shorts who posted on here before?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:25:40 »

Myself and the wife had ours done by Ancestry, they often have deals on for less that advertised.

Its £79 plus postage at the moment so perhaps won't be doing it...  Cheesy Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:26:53 »

Its £79 plus postage at the moment so perhaps won't be doing it...  Cheesy Wink
They do Christmas, Easter and other deals when its about half that price, keep an eye out for offers.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:35:47 »

Mine said i was a cunt...

I gave them 100% on Trustpilot.

Clems Army!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:37:15 »

I only traced back to the 1830's on the male line, because great- grandmother was from Germany and two generations did not marry, making it a bit of a jumble to sort out. Male side were hawkers and shopkeepers, very boring.

ust be the oldest
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: