Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Energy suppliers  (Read 7661 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 21:17:13 »

I check on Money Savings Expert. I'm currently with People's Energy coming to the end of a 1 year contract. Just about to look around again.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 22:18:21 »

After being automatically put with iSupply on moving into my place, I immediately shopped round for cheaper (there is still an ongoing dispute with iSupply which is laughable beyond) and found Yorkshire Energy (YE) under Daisy Energy. They were great as they, like Octopus and some other smaller providers, use 100% renewables and/or green energy. They also had several fixed green tariffs so your tariff was always called "Green...something of other", like Potato, Badger, Pennine...they also had an excellently low standing charge too.

Anyway, due to the pandemic (I think) they have unfortunately gone under. A shame as they were great and no fuss. The issue I now have (to go with the previous one) is that OfGem have kindly instructed one of the big six to take over all YE accounts. This has started a process of being transferred to bloody Scottish Power and onto their "Standard Tariff".

Seeing as I haven't chosen to be with this provider, how do I stop the process or do I just have to go and head to a different provider, submit my closing readings and then go from there? I'm only a little jaded, as although my previous switch and provider (YE) was fine, there is still ongoing dispute with the provider originally in situ (iSupply, which has also gone under now).

Hmmmmppph.

Alsom sorry JQ, I would've suggested YE as they were always great service, cheap, and green. Octopus would likely be my next choice. Just want to get this conundrum clear first.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 05:26:04 »

Look After My Bills - recently switched me to Green.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 06:57:02 »

I've been with Eon for over ten years, and not bothered to change to a slightly cheaper supplier because I always received reliable service in billing and their offers of changing to a lower tariff when appropriate was very useful. I have been persuaded to accept a Smartmeter on condition I take their lowest tariff, which is a Fixed rate and fairly comparable with other suppilers I believe.  I didn't really want the Smartmeter, but it's installed now.

ust be the oldest
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 08:33:28 »

With Igloo Energy via uSwitch. Been very good so far.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:43:24 »

ditto.

the only thing is that Igloo don't currently support smart meters , so I need to do manual readings.

then again, shell energy also only used to do electric, so I always needed to read the gas manually anyway.

if anyone wants a £50 igloo referral code...

https://refer.igloo.energy/dawnb2103

(no I'm not "regards dawn")
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:47:52 »

Switched over to Pure Planet recently, they have been fine so far, had Bulb and Ovo previously and they have been equally fine. They took over our electric smart meter which was great, one slight ball ache is that they are not fitting smart gas meters at the moment so we are stuck with the dumb one, put its a small gripe! Tend to change every couple of years via the MSE Energy Club, takes about 10 mins each time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:49:33 by horlock07 » Logged
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:10:47 »

Got my Dad onto Pure Planet via MSE, he's happy with them too.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 11:20:30 »

Here's a link for a £50 welcome credit in your account if you fancy a switch to Bulb.

https://www.bulb.me/adams7721?utm_campaign=app-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 15:18:26 »

Here's a link for a £50 welcome credit in your account if you fancy a switch to Bulb.

https://www.bulb.me/adams7721?utm_campaign=app-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button

Many thanks for the link

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:32:46 »

Utility Point are coming up as the best suggestion from MSE - Anyone have any experience?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:45:29 »

Are smart meters worth having? I seem to remember when they first came out that people said they were actually getting charged slightly more using them so didn't bother switching, has that improved now?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:53:30 »

The charge per kwh shouldn't be any different unless a supplier has specified a different kwh charge if you have a smart meter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:54:20 »

Are smart meters worth having? I seem to remember when they first came out that people said they were actually getting charged slightly more using them so didn't bother switching, has that improved now?

Surely the point of smart meters is
   a) to provide a way for you to see how much electric you are using
   b) save having to read the meter

If they are suddenly more expensive, that's just a problem with the new/old meter.

The charge per kwh shouldn't be any different unless a supplier has specified a different kwh charge if you have a smart meter.

exactly
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:57:04 »

Unless there's a little fella in there pedalling a dyno  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: