Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loans- Early Repayment  (Read 2651 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 13:58:25 »

I could probably call them and ask but wanted to check the wisdom the TEF before i did so.
I have around £7.5k left of a loan to pay off with Nationwide. Is there any like hood they will offer me a discount if i wanted to pay it off early?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:01:16 »

Doubt it
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:12:29 »

I could probably call them and ask but wanted to check the wisdom the TEF before i did so.
I have around £7.5k left of a loan to pay off with Nationwide. Is there any like hood they will offer me a discount if i wanted to pay it off early?

Yes you will get a discount as you won't be paying all of the interest that you would do if you let the loan run it's full term.
Call them and ask for a settlement figure.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:39:18 »

No.  In fact you need to make sure that there aren't any early payment penalties, but there usually aren't with loans.  As said, the discount is all of the interest you will have saved over the course of the loan

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:55:49 »

Maybe.  Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:57:08 »

Depends on the loan agreement. Some apply the interest for the whole of the term right at the start, so there might not be any saving. Check the wording and ask for a settlement figure.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 17:50:02 »

No.  In fact you need to make sure that there aren't any early payment penalties, but there usually aren't with loans.  As said, the discount is all of the interest you will have saved over the course of the loan

This
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 23:47:00 »

It really depends on the terms and conditions of the loan. We're all frankly guessing to if there is a saving to be had or not based on previous experiences of different financial services but when I had a loan with Zopa, it was compound interest calculated applied month so each month, the interest calculated for the month got paid off first and the remaining payment deducted from the loan balance. The more I paid each month, the less interest was accrued each period.

If it's a fixed rate on a fixed term, then no but who knows. Give them a call like others have suggested Cheesy Good luck

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: