Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County having a hard time  (Read 2630 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 18:52:57 »

Oh dear; founder members of the Football league then they dropped down and two years ago, out of the EFL.

They expected to bounce straight back, but didn't. Now this season Covid has struck

https://fanbanter.co.uk/national-league-side-pull-out-of-the-fa-cup-fourth-qualifying-round/?fbclid=IwAR1j5XeYBzk8F9YZaYfKlK3ChB687qWZi4NJ5bmvrE2X17lL929H-OkNVl8

"A National League side have decided to pull out of the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round, in what’s becoming a familiar but sad sight this year. Two more Notts County players have tested positive for the coronavirus and as a result they have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup. This means that they have postponed their upcoming National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town, as well as their FA Cup tie away to King’s Lynn Town.

CLUB STATEMENT
Two more of our players have tested positive for Covid-19 and as a result we have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup and postponed our upcoming Vanarama National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town. After four members of our squad tested positive for the virus last week, we scheduled another round of testing this Wednesday to identify any further infections. Unfortunately this has resulted in two more positive results and, following consultation with the FA and National League’s medical officers, we have taken the difficult but responsible decision not to travel to King’s Lynn Town on Saturday and to temporarily halt our league campaign.

King’s Lynn will be awarded a bye to the first round and our trips to Halifax and Aldershot will be rearranged for later in the season. We would like to thank each club for their cooperation and understanding".
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:21:37 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:18:39 »

Oh dear; founder members of the Prem, then they dropped down and two years ago, out of the EFL.
Notts County have never been in the Premier League?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:20:32 »

Notts County have never been in the Premier League?

Good point 😁

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:33:26 »

Good point 😁
That aside, your point is well made - their descent into non-league is still a sorry tale and one I was sad we played a small part in. Not nice watching that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:36:01 »

That aside, your point is well made - their descent into non-league is still a sorry tale and one I was sad we played a small part in. Not nice watching that

My sentiments exactly and felt embarrassed when some Town fans were cheering & goading the Notts County fans when they knew they were going out of the football league

So, give no fucks
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:48:39 »

Good point 😁
They were original members of the Football League, and have spent some time in the old First Div. They were relegated from it the year before the Premier started
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 20:51:47 »

My sentiments exactly and felt embarrassed when some Town fans were cheering & goading the Notts County fans when they knew they were going out of the football league
I know it's not quite the same but I wasn't at Newport that awful might they put us down to Div 4, and I can't imagine their fans showed us much sympathy?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 21:01:10 »

I know it's not quite the same but I wasn't at Newport that awful might they put us down to Div 4, and I can't imagine their fans showed us much sympathy?

Not quite the same as they hate the English and Notts County are part of our football history and to my knowledge we've never had any issues with them.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 23:22:10 »

Oh dear; founder members of the Football league then they dropped down and two years ago, out of the EFL.

They expected to bounce straight back, but didn't. Now this season Covid has struck

https://fanbanter.co.uk/national-league-side-pull-out-of-the-fa-cup-fourth-qualifying-round/?fbclid=IwAR1j5XeYBzk8F9YZaYfKlK3ChB687qWZi4NJ5bmvrE2X17lL929H-OkNVl8

"A National League side have decided to pull out of the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round, in what’s becoming a familiar but sad sight this year. Two more Notts County players have tested positive for the coronavirus and as a result they have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup. This means that they have postponed their upcoming National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town, as well as their FA Cup tie away to King’s Lynn Town.

CLUB STATEMENT
Two more of our players have tested positive for Covid-19 and as a result we have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup and postponed our upcoming Vanarama National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town. After four members of our squad tested positive for the virus last week, we scheduled another round of testing this Wednesday to identify any further infections. Unfortunately this has resulted in two more positive results and, following consultation with the FA and National League’s medical officers, we have taken the difficult but responsible decision not to travel to King’s Lynn Town on Saturday and to temporarily halt our league campaign.

King’s Lynn will be awarded a bye to the first round and our trips to Halifax and Aldershot will be rearranged for later in the season. We would like to thank each club for their cooperation and understanding".

lifted word for word off the city forum. even the mistake about founder members of the prem  Embarrassed
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 10:03:33 »

lifted word for word off the city forum. even the mistake about founder members of the prem  Embarrassed

Where did I state I wrote it? Just passing on information about a proud English club going through hard times
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 10:07:23 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: