Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon - Pre Match Chat & Match Day Thread  (Read 16237 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:44:29 »

BTW - I'm not listening to the radio, so someone else needs to summarise Wellens comments today.

Not up to your standards...

After the first 15 we were very good
Lost the game in both boxes - should have scored 5-6
Baudry needs to simplify his game and just worry about defending
Ref has cost us again. Not getting anything. Nothing wrong with the disallowed goal and their second was a foul
They're a horrible lump it team
Too soft centre - would like to add a free agent CM
Donohue should be OK for Saturday. Right now first choice back 4 is hunt Conroy Fryers donohue and we had none of them
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:47:11 »

BTW - I'm not listening to the radio, so someone else needs to summarise Wellens comments today.

Can't really do you justice. Something like this:

Box-to-box we were brilliant, but a very poor first 15 minutes and not enough edge in the box
Said he wouldn't talk about refs, but their keeper just dropped the ball and the ref whistled
Their second goal came after a foul
Baudry is overthinking things, letting balls bounce, needs to get back to being a defender
Need a midfield player - Doughty's a big loss.
People know Swindon have a soft centre right now, we need to find a free agent
Park open-topped buses full of fans behind the open end at Oxford
Donohue's tweaked his groin - could be ok for Saturday
No rhythm in team selections right now

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 21:08:42 »

Thanks chaps.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 21:37:41 »

Need a midfield player - Doughty's a big loss.

Think this is where Grant isn't as good this term, Doughty was such a good player for us and he made Grant better, Grant was undoubtedly brilliant last season but he was able to do what he did best, he seems to be trying a bit harder to do more at the moment.  Opposition teams can close him down more now as they don't have a Doughty to worry about.

Hope was a mistake by Wellens this evening, really played into their hands, T Smith terrified them and they dropped deeper and deeper, he should have levelled things by rounding the keeper instead of just trying to beat him with a shot but he was the real difference between the teams once he came on.

Wellens is still learning, we know we're playing a different back 4 every game but hopefully we start T Smith on Saturday and get them worried about us a threat rather than them knowing we'll offer a couple of chances without them really trying.

DJ is obviously being worked on as a CM for the time being, he actually did OK but I would have liked to have seen him take it on once or twice and drive at them.

Had a Cobbs mate round to watch, he's hating the way they play and was convinced we'd at least equalise.

Makes Saturday feel like a really big game, not what we need at the moment at all.  Hope it doesn't end in fans looking to pick a fight with the club again.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 22:19:01 »

Not up to your standards...

After the first 15 we were very good
Lost the game in both boxes - should have scored 5-6
Baudry needs to simplify his game and just worry about defending
Ref has cost us again. Not getting anything. Nothing wrong with the disallowed goal and their second was a foul
They're a horrible lump it team
Too soft centre - would like to add a free agent CM
Donohue should be OK for Saturday. Right now first choice back 4 is hunt Conroy Fryers donohue and we had none of them
So we weren't good enough in either of the boxes and we're too soft in the centre? That'd be not good enough everywhere then?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 02:03:03 »

The plain, hard facts are - out of our last 11 competitive games we’ve won 2 and lost 9.

We’re in a world of shit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 05:25:00 »

Don’t care about last night.

Just win on Saturday you bunch of cunts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 06:33:21 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
The plain, hard facts are - out of our last 11 competitive games we’ve won 2 and lost 9.

We’re in a world of shit.

currently relegation fodder. We may yet turn it around, but lack of goal threat + leaky doesn't take a genius to come to that conclusion.

it's possible fryers and Lyden may make a difference. But how often are they actually fit
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 06:44:07 »

As stated by others, it is difficult to see where the wins will come from given current form.  This season was always going to be different proposition and most level headed supporters will have acknowledged this.  However, it didn't occur to me that things would be this bad, even though div 3 is a step up from the EFL basement league.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:30:02 »

So we weren't good enough in either of the boxes and we're too soft in the centre? That'd be not good enough everywhere then?

I've had chocolates like that.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:32:18 »

It says a lot that our best defender is a young kid who most of us thought would be backup. Odimayo alongside Grounds on saturday is a must with Baudry benched. The second half performance was way better and with an instinctive striker, we could and should have won that match
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:34:21 »

I think that's a worry, no instinctive striker unless Pitman gets up to speed when fit.

Tyler Smith will get a few though
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:37:58 »

At least Donohue should be good for Saturday, as Brocklesby says, has to be Odimayo and Grounds in the centre.
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 07:48:09 »

I get that Wellens will probably want to be patient with Baudry, which should really be applauded, but how long does he get?

He is costing us points. I know he's not the only one not playing well, but we are losing points directly because of him on an individual basis. And it's not just at the back. Towards the end yesterday he picked up the ball and a simple pass could have seen us on the attack.

Alas, he passes it straight to one of theirs. Attack halted.

FFS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 08:05:36 »

Far to early to hit the red button, but Wellens needs to sort the fuck out.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: