Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon - Pre Match Chat & Match Day Thread  (Read 16226 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:27:00 »

First half errors cost us.
Central defence with Baudry shocking however second half should have pulled it back.
Northampton were there for the taking.
So so disappointing.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:27:27 »

Grant might have aged suddenly. He is 33. We don't have a lot of choice re Baudry at present with only 4 fit defenders. Assume Donahue is injured.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:28:10 »

Better second half but total lack of quality in the attacking half.

Tyler Smith needs to be playing with another striker.

Jonny Smith and Stevens seem to be going backwards.

I am very worried about us the way things are going.Staying up is going to be a challenge if we continue like this.

Starting to think we can’t play Stevens and Jonny Smith together.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:29:37 »

No Baudry = Draw or win, sad because he was good last season.

Grant is worrying me a little as well, again, I am hoping it's simply the fucked up pre-season with him, but he is a yard off it.

We are a nearly team right now, but you can't keep chasing games or have to get 3 in front to stand a chance.
Flashheart

« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:29:43 »

Better second half but total lack of quality in the attacking half.

I don't agree with that, not in the 2nd half. We made opportunities and they were lucky we did not get more.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:32:51 »

With the younger players I can’t help but think the sloppiness from the senior pro’s is contagious at the moment. The experienced players should be leading by example but instead are the common denominator in most of the goals we concede.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:33:58 »

We saw a relegation side tonight.

We'll have to improve a lot if we're not to join them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:36:01 »

Northampton were very poor indeed.  Like us.  Another 6 pointer lost, after a very limited but decently organised Wimbledon.  Too many singling out Baudry as if he is the reason for our losing 5 from 7 in the league and the rest.  It's down to Wellens to harden us defensively and that means the whole team.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:37:12 »

I don't agree with that, not in the 2nd half. We made opportunities and they were lucky we did not get more.

I counted 6 gilt edges chances in the second half that should have resulted in a goal.

There were several others that with a better pass or decision might have made a chance.

That's what I mean about lack of quality.

We can huff and puff as much as we want, but if you can't put the ball in the back of the net then you ain't gonna win.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:38:41 »

Try Grant at the back?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:39:07 »

Starting to think we can’t play Stevens and Jonny Smith together.

Im starting to think we cant play.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:39:37 »

BTW - I'm not listening to the radio, so someone else needs to summarise Wellens comments today.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:40:34 »

I counted 6 gilt edges chances in the second half that should have resulted in a goal.

There were several others that with a better pass or decision might have made a chance.

We can huff and puff as much as we want, but if you can't put the ball in the back of the net then you ain't gonna win.

I would of rather sold Hope and kept Twine and done all they could to keep Woolery as he's done nothing since leaving

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:42:28 »

If you mean we were not clinical enough then I agree. But other than that, we were good going forward in the second half.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 20:44:06 »

I think Doyle's movement (and obviously his finishing) fitted Wellensball perfectly.

Tyler Smith was causing problems but he froze when clean through.  Good movement though and a good attitude.  Not an easy environment for our younger contingent.  Matt Smith mom, not for the first time.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: