Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suspended PayPal account  (Read 3124 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:11:36 »

I had a text message with the same thing this week. I just ignored it, but I can see many people falling for the text one.
My general rule is to never click on paypal or bank links even if they are real, manually type them in or use app.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:52:26 »

What are you going to do with all the money when the Prince's funds clear and sends you millions?

Move it elsewhere quickly and close my account  Pint

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:53:40 »

I had a text message with the same thing this week. I just ignored it, but I can see many people falling for the text one.
My general rule is to never click on paypal or bank links even if they are real, manually type them in or use app.

That's what I normally do so good advice

So, give no fucks
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 15:12:46 »

I had a legit mail from pay pal this week asking me to confirm mobile number for S/MFA purposes. Was legit, request was to log in to account and check details were correct, email address was legit. Problem is with so many phishing emails you never can tell - basic rule is always be on guard and always check the full email address from the sender as recommended above

No one kills a thread like me....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 15:14:12 »

I had a legit mail from pay pal this week asking me to confirm mobile number for S/MFA purposes. Was legit, request was to log in to account and check details were correct, email address was legit. Problem is with so many phishing emails you never can tell - basic rule is always be on guard and always check the full email address from the sender as recommended above

I think that's the same Emil I have been sent and it's so hard to tell

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 15:23:14 »

I had to confirm my PayPal via a text code for an eBay purchase today.

I'd never do that from an email link though
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 15:30:30 »

Email title is this "Name: Final reminder: Please check your phone number".  It is legit/takes you to PayPal legit account, basically asking you to confirm that your phone number is correct in your account details.  You do not need to enter anything if it is correct already in there.

They are going to start confirming transactions using text messages with a code (like most banks have done over the last couple of years - Multi Factoral Authentication).  If your details are up to date you don't need to do anything anyway, but if they don't have your mobile they won't be able to text you confirmation code when using Paypal.

BUT if you want to safe, delete the mail anyway, login into you PayPal account as normal and check your details are correct, and for extra safety create a new password (as recommended somewhere above)

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 16:31:26 »

click on the three dots and look at the raw message; I've had loads of these mostly from an Italian fashion label - just delete them
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 16:33:53 »

Email title is this "Name: Final reminder: Please check your phone number".  It is legit/takes you to PayPal legit account, basically asking you to confirm that your phone number is correct in your account details.  You do not need to enter anything if it is correct already in there.

They are going to start confirming transactions using text messages with a code (like most banks have done over the last couple of years - Multi Factoral Authentication).  If your details are up to date you don't need to do anything anyway, but if they don't have your mobile they won't be able to text you confirmation code when using Paypal.

BUT if you want to safe, delete the mail anyway, login into you PayPal account as normal and check your details are correct, and for extra safety create a new password (as recommended somewhere above)

I purchashed from eBay last Sunday so maybe that's why I've had the email from PayPal

So, give no fucks
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 16:24:36 »

Funnily enough I bought something off ebay last weekend (for the first time in a while) that probably triggered the email.

Problem solved methinks, legit email, all good

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 11, 2020, 16:42:31 »

Funnily enough I bought something off ebay last weekend (for the first time in a while) that probably triggered the email.

Problem solved methinks, legit email, all good

Yes I think you're right as I purchashed from ebay last week the first time in six months

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: