Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suspended PayPal account  (Read 3126 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 10:58:27 »

I keep getting emails from "PayPal" saying that my account now has limited access and that I need to verify my information.
Has anybody else had this happen to them as the email sent looks very convincing. The address that it's been sent from is noreply@paypal.co.uk

Any advice much appreciated

So, give no fucks
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:01:13 »

I would firstly go into your pay-pal account, if there's any issues it will tell you in there.

Hover over the e-mail address on the e-mail it's come from as well, to see if it shows a different e-mail address.

Finally, is it addressed to you by full name? If not, then it's a scam.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:04:22 »

In the email check if the email that sent is has anything after noreply@paypal.co.uk

Like.... service@paypal.com <noreply@adminservpaypa-a.tk>

If it has anything different after then it is 100% a phishing email.

The only way is to log into your paypal account and question it via their internal support email, as if there has been any form of unusual history on paypal these emails can be legit and need to be sorted asap. If they have detected unusual IP activity this can happen, sometimes even if you use a VPN it has a similar effect causing them to suspend the paypal account.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:18:35 »

It's a scam.

Don't reply, just ignore it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:22:03 »

Cheers gents I will try and contact PayPal through my account. Gut feeling is a scam but couldn't work out why they want to send a verification code to my mobile as I've been set up for years

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:26:47 »

similar thing has happened to me recently, change password and all was fine.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:30:01 »

similar thing has happened to me recently, change password and all was fine.

Account looks fine when I logged on so have forwarded them the email to investigate

So, give no fucks
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:35:51 »

Same thing happened to me and all I had to do to sort it out was send all my money to a Nigerian bank account. Expensive but worth it for peace of mind.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:39:18 »

but couldn't work out why they want to send a verification code to my mobile

They want your phone number.

PayPal alread have the necessary details if you have an account with them. The same goes for any online service. Always.

Any unsolicited email requesting personal details is a scam, with the exception of requests to confirm your identity, but even then they will ask for no further information.

I was nearly caught off guard once when I had a message regarding a payment of $400 for a pair of trainers. (And I'm quite savvy to this stuff). My first thought was that my daughter had been buying stuff on my account. Then I noticed that the email was not addressed to me by name.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:40:09 »

Same thing happened to me and all I had to do to sort it out was send all my money to a Nigerian bank account. Expensive but worth it for peace of mind.

It's normally the other way around where a Nigerian wants to deposit a million into my account😁

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:41:09 »

They want your phone number.

PayPal alread have the necessary details if you have an account with them. The same goes for any online service. Always.

Any unsolicited email requesting personal details is a scam, with the exception of requests to confirm your identity, but even then they will ask for no further information.

I was nearly caught off guard once when I had a message regarding a payment of $400 for a pair of trainers. (And I'm quite savvy to this stuff). My first thought was that my daughter had been buying stuff on my account. Then I noticed that the email was not addressed to me by name.

Cheers Fiasheart

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:41:10 »

What are you going to do with all the money when the Prince's funds clear and sends you millions?
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:44:35 »

What are you going to do with all the money when the Prince's funds clear and sends you millions?

Probably buy an unbuilt timeshare.
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:46:32 »

Probably buy an unbuilt timeshare.

Cheesy

I used to sell timeshares (but they were built)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 12:07:47 »

There is also a scam pretending to be from O2 saying they can’t verify your details to click on link to avoid extra charges
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: