Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (What's the Story) Morning Glory?  (Read 3852 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:15:40 »

25 years old today, feel old?
I was only 4 when this came out but will always remember my old man listening to it, and Oasis in general.

Some of the songs on it are now iconic.

Hello
Roll With It   
Wonderwall   
Don't Look Back In Anger   
Hey Now!
The Swamp Song   
Some Might Say   
Cast No Shadow   
She's Electric   
Morning Glory   
The Swamp Song 2   
Champagne Supernova

Absolute genius of an album.
Valid Pint

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:19:54 »

The album was named after reading Lady Chatterley's Lover at 9am in a Swindon library.
FACT.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:25:35 by Valid Pint » Logged
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:20:09 »

One of the best albums of all time. Have some great memories of listening to this when it was first released.
Still played very regularly in the man cave at the bottom of the garden, reminiscing with an ale or two.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:29:29 »

Good, interesting article here from the guy that designed their album covers

https://news.sky.com/story/oasis-whats-the-story-morning-glory-the-unsolvable-conundrum-of-their-biggest-album-25-years-on-12085893
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:43:39 »

I was 25 when that came out. I didn't buy it.

I went to Corfu in 1996 and got on well with a couple from
South East London. He kept playing Champagne Supernova, ova and ova again.   Smiley

« Last Edit: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:46:51 by 4D » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:44:30 »

I was at school when this came out and I can remember the excitement of all my mates for the release of the album - so they could run down to John Menzies newsagent, or the record shop in town (which I can't remember the name of in the small East Lothian town of Haddington) to collect and listen to before anyone else.

My cynical first response was 'its not as good as the first one!' That thought would eventually change upon more listens. Superb album.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 12:51:27 »

I had toured with oasis and I worked and lived with the band ocean colour scene. We got a cd about a month before it came out. Moseley shoals had been written and recorded for a while but not been released or anything from it heard except for friends etc.
I can remember clear as day say round our flat listening to it about a month before it came out with Steve and Simon of ocs and the three of us were like - fucking bastards. As we genuinely thought Moseley shoals was going to blow everything out of the water. Cracking album and good times to be alive.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 13:58:12 »

Fantastic album. One of the best, ever.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 14:38:44 »

What an album.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 15:31:39 »

Definitely Maybe was better.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 17:18:46 »

I had toured with oasis and I worked and lived with the band ocean colour scene. We got a cd about a month before it came out. Moseley shoals had been written and recorded for a while but not been released or anything from it heard except for friends etc.
I can remember clear as day say round our flat listening to it about a month before it came out with Steve and Simon of ocs and the three of us were like - fucking bastards. As we genuinely thought Moseley shoals was going to blow everything out of the water. Cracking album and good times to be alive.

Watched OCS support them at Maine Road in 96, cracking set and had not really heard/played their stuff much before that.

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 17:30:16 »

Also released in 95 were ‘Different Class’, ‘The Bends’, ‘Leftism’, ‘Grand Prix’, ‘Exit Planet Dust’... and ‘Boombastic’ by Shaggy.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 18:02:09 »

Was an OK album, not a patch on Definitely Maybe.
Cast No Shadow probably my favourite.
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 18:52:35 »

I was at school when this came out and I can remember the excitement of all my mates for the release of the album - so they could run down to John Menzies newsagent, or the record shop in town (which I can't remember the name of in the small East Lothian town of Haddington) to collect and listen to before anyone else.

My cynical first response was 'its not as good as the first one!' That thought would eventually change upon more listens. Superb album.

I live in Haddington (having grown up in Park North).  My missus remembers the old John Menzies but before my time up here.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 2, 2020, 18:55:09 »

I live in Haddington (having grown up in Park North).  My missus remembers the old John Menzies but before my time up here.

I think it changed to Brunel news later on and just around the corner from John Woodmans hair stylist

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: