Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow income for clubs.  (Read 4488 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 08:53:34 »

An interesting breakdown of the amount of iFollow money given to each club.

It does not unfortunately indicate the amount of iFollow subscribers per game though, which would be interesting to read, it could be anywhere between 500 and 10,000.

I read somewhere on a Blackpool forum that Blackpool announced they had 14,000 subscribers for their first match (I can find no confirmation of that figure so it may be bollox) which would indeed be a decent return for the club, but if its a lot less then thats not a huge amount of income, especially so when every season ticket holder watches for no "extra" income to the club.

iFollow income

Taken from Bradford City FC website:

The club has moved to outline the financial benefits of match-by-match iFollow video pass packages.

In all Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy fixtures the Bantams contest while COVID-19 restrictions remain in place this season, the club will receive 50% of revenue generated from iFollow video match passes.

All streaming costs over the course of the 2020/21 campaign are being covered by the EFL, allowing clubs up and down the footballing pyramid to maximise iFollow revenue.

With similar packages for Sky Bet League Two fixtures, takings from the first 500 passes purchased by away club supporters go directly to the home club, with funds from each pass thereafter heading to the away side.

From a £10 video match pass, after VAT, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34.

This means that, when Colchester United supporters purchased just over 300 iFollow video match passes ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet League Two opener, 100% of the revenue was collected by City.

Had Colchester have sold 501 passes, however, monies for the first 500 passes would have been taken by the Bantams, with the U's claiming revenue from the 501st pass - and any further passes which would have been sold.

The club's director of communications and commercial, Ryan Sparks, said: "In the interest of transparency, we are keen to share the financial mechanics of the current iFollow structure, providing supporters with a better understanding of the more intricate details.

While we recognise the technical issues some experienced with iFollow over the weekend - which the EFL is still working hard to rectify - we are desperate to ensure you do not miss a minute of the season while COVID-19 restrictions remain in place.

We would like to thank the EFL for the financial support they have offered, with the governing body standing all iFollow-related costs in a bid to support the survival of clubs in all three tiers as far as possible."

Supporters are reminded that no Carabao Cup first, second and third-round fixtures are available to watch - via iFollow - internationally, but can be enjoyed LIVE in the UK.

There is no season-ticket or concession discount on any Carabao Cup iFollow video match passes, meaning the universal cost - to ensure you do not miss a minute of tomorrow night's action - remains priced just £10.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:04:19 »

Seems to me that the logical way to distribute income is that whoever (whomever for the pedantic fuckers) is the home side should retain all the income and provide the only commentary.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:06:45 »

That seems a low take up by Colchester fans.
Only having to travel to the nearest device for a tenner you'd think that a few more would have paid up.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:08:03 »

An interesting breakdown of the amount of iFollow money given to each club.

It does not unfortunately indicate the amount of iFollow subscribers per game though, which would be interesting to read, it could be anywhere between 500 and 10,000.

I read somewhere on a Blackpool forum that Blackpool announced they had 14,000 subscribers for their first match (I can find no confirmation of that figure so it may be bollox) which would indeed be a decent return for the club, but if its a lot less then thats not a huge amount of income, especially so when every season ticket holder watches for no "extra" income to the club.

So if Swindon sold 10,000 iFollow passes on the weekend (as an example) - Rochdale could get 95k and Swindon 5k?!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:09:49 »

No. Each club retains ALL subscriptions via its own app and anything over 500 from the away clubs app.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:11:48 »

No. Each club retains ALL subscriptions via its own app and anything over 500 from the away clubs app.

Nearly. The home club gets all their subscriptions and the first 500 of the away team's.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:12:16 »

So if Swindon sold 10,000 iFollow passes on the weekend (as an example) - Rochdale could get 95k and Swindon 5k?!

Not sure where you get that logic from - Take a look at this part of the article.

"With similar packages for Sky Bet League Two fixtures, takings from the first 500 passes purchased by away club supporters go directly to the home club, with funds from each pass thereafter heading to the away side.

From a £10 video match pass, after VAT, the total amount of profit a club makes per pass is approximately £8.34.

This means that, when Colchester United supporters purchased just over 300 iFollow video match passes ahead of Saturday's Sky Bet League Two opener, 100% of the revenue was collected by City.

Had Colchester have sold 501 passes, however, monies for the first 500 passes would have been taken by the Bantams, with the U's claiming revenue from the 501st pass - and any further passes which would have been sold."

So for the Rochdale game we get all the takings from the home viewers and the first 500 from any Rochdale viewers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:14:21 »

Nearly. The home club gets all their subscriptions and the first 500 of the away team's.
I stand erected
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 09:29:10 »

I’d not really thought about it before, but it does seem a bit off that the Ifollow numbers aren’t published after the match, given it’s the ‘attendance’

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:25:28 »

I’d not really thought about it before, but it does seem a bit off that the Ifollow numbers aren’t published after the match, given it’s the ‘attendance’
Certainly for the foreseeable future it is, it should be indeed be announced.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 07:26:15 »

Sorry to latch onto this thread. Are we able to watch other teams iFollow?

I am trying to log into the Blackpool one to buy the match pass for Saturday and it keeps saying error Sad
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 07:28:04 »

Scratch my last question, I realise I can purchase is via the Swindon Town iFollow  Clap
Panda Paws

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:04:21 »

Defo always buy through us. We get the money after the first 500 purchases.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:30:39 »

Sorry to latch onto this thread. Are we able to watch other teams iFollow?

I am trying to log into the Blackpool one to buy the match pass for Saturday and it keeps saying error Sad

Sold out?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 11:36:35 »

I'll be tuning in again on Saturday. It will be interesting to see a game with a (albeit very small) crowd after all this time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: