Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: IFollow  (Read 5663 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 06:12:52 »

Tried watching the game last night on the smart tellies internet thingy (it’s a big Samsung thing on the wall) but despite logging in successfully the fucker wouldn’t play the video - I could watch the video through the app and on my iMac but as soon as I tried to stream it Or watch it on the TV it just showed a blank screen...

I know I’ve been away a while and I know I’m getting old but is it me just being a cunt or is there some wizardry witchcraft taking place that can be hacked to make it work?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 06:16:03 »

Tried watching the game last night on the smart tellies internet thingy (it’s a big Samsung thing on the wall) but despite logging in successfully the fucker wouldn’t play the video - I could watch the video through the app and on my iMac but as soon as I tried to stream it Or watch it on the TV it just showed a blank screen...

I know I’ve been away a while and I know I’m getting old but is it me just being a cunt or is there some wizardry witchcraft taking place that can be hacked to make it work?
Had the same problem on a Windows laptop on Sat MacPhlea. Spent about an hour with some useless bastard on the support chat thing failing to help (it took that long because he took 5 minutes between each response). I think it's just a bit shit basically, works OK on some devices not others. Going to try with a different laptop on Saturday, see if that makes any difference.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 06:25:55 »

did you use different browsers Paul?

tried temporarily switching off the pc firewall?

*turn off ad blocker*

reboot router?

did it work in your phone?

you're tech savvy,  you probably tried all that .

I can't find a list of pc min requirements anywhere. not even sure what streaming tech they are using
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 07:05:00 »

It’s weird and seem like they have done a sky job in blocking anything that sends the data to a big screen - I’m going to try running it through an hdmi cable from my MacBook on the next game
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 07:14:51 »

Yeah, when iFollow first started we were told that wireless projection would be blocked, as you say, like Sky.  I've been using HDMI to TV since the dire hoof it Flitcroft days with no problem.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:00:40 »

my hdmi to TV works fine too (win 10)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:50:43 »

did you use different browsers Paul?

tried temporarily switching off the pc firewall?

*turn off ad blocker*

reboot router?

did it work in your phone?

you're tech savvy,  you probably tried all that .

I can't find a list of pc min requirements anywhere. not even sure what streaming tech they are using
It was you wasn't it? You were the bloke on the chat thing that only responded every 5 minutes Smiley

Yeah, did all that. Cleared cache/cookies, 3 different browsers, rebooted laptop etc etc. I'm going to try with a completely different laptop on Saturday, although it also didn't work on the Amazon Fire TV stick (not sure it's supposed to tbf) but did work on the phone (so it's not a problem with the ISP blocking it as Chat matey tried to insist on Sat). If that doesn't work I'll just use a dodgy stream Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 08:54:57 »

What was the actual problem Paul?

I have been watching on PC for 3+ years with iFollow without any real issues at all.

I vary between Firefox and the Edge, for me Firefox is the most reliable and never get issues, I use a PC that is network cabled and have never suffered issues.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:00:54 »

What was the actual problem Paul?
Can log in, but the video doesn't play. I get the screen with the quarter circle rotating as if it's buffering, that lasts about 3 or 4 minutes, then blank. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. As I say, it's fine on the phone but I'm damned if I'm going to pay a tenner to watch tiny figures I can barely see on a 6" screen. If it supported Chromecast or sceen mirroring, I'd be fine.

TBH, I'm not that fussed, other than this is the club's only source of revenue from now until whenever we can get crowds back in. If other people get the same issues, (and there are some that are), they'll not bother and that's money lost to the club because iFollow is shit and their support are rude lazy tossers.

Sod's law - I'll guarantee you now that I'll try this on Saturday on the same laptop, having made no changes and it will work fine Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:07:38 »

If it works fine on Android then install Bluestacks or NOX as an PC android emulator, then download the APK and run it then emulate the Android on PC and watch vie the emulator.

Its a work around but it may fulfill your needs.

Do the extended match highlights videos work in your browser after the game has finished? is it just the live video you are having issues with or every video on the OS?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:13:35 »

If it works fine on Android then install Bluestacks or NOX as an PC android emulator, then download the APK and run it then emulate the Android on PC and watch vie the emulator.

Its a work around but it may fulfill your needs.

Do the extended match highlights videos work in your browser after the game has finished? is it just the live video you are having issues with or every video on the OS?
Just seems to be the live video, highlights are OK. Like I say, I guarantee it will work fine on Saturday and I'll be none the wiser what the problem ever was. But my concern is how many people are in the same boat as me, got fuck all help from support, and just decided "bollocks, not going to waste another tenner on that" (I've got a ST so I can keep trying without wasting money). Probably not a huge amount I know, but given it's pretty much the club's only revenue stream atm, they can't afford to have iFollow let people fall thru the cracks like that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:20:20 »

Just a quick question, are you watching via any form of Proxy or VPN on the laptop?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:23:30 »

Just a quick question, are you watching via any form of Proxy or VPN on the laptop?
No. And there's no filter on the ISP, and I've tried multiple browsers, rebooted laptop, rebooted router, cleared all cookies, disabled adblockers. Seriously, wouldn't spend any more time worrying about this, I'm just an edge case and they're clearly not very good at support. There's worse things in life Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:24:34 »

I mentioned it last night, but found that the stream was very glitchy last night for the first time since I have been using IFollow.  Last season I thought the quality was very good, but it seemed to me last night that it seemed to stutter somewhat every time the camera moved left or right.  It seemed fine when it was static, but during movement not so much - and it seemed even worse when zoomed in.

Anyone else notice this or was it just me?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 09:27:11 »

No mate I had no problem at all with quality last night or on Saturday.

@Paul there are bigger fish to fry and worry about but its still frustrating, give the NOX/Bluestacks option a go, I have watched through it previously and its very good and you can watch at full screen size too.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: