Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency  (Read 5667 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:02:01 »

Anyone here invest in cryptocurrency? I've been interested for a while but i don't really understand it. Speaking to a friend he was adamant that Orchid $OXT will "explode" in the next few months. I've taken his word for it and bough a small amount just to test the waters. Depending how this goes i might look at further, larger investments.

Obviously another Bitcoin scenario isn't going to happen but whats people experience/thoughts?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:04:59 »

Well, when the ads in my Junk folder offering Bitcoin etc outnumber the ads for erectile dysfunction, I’d say steer clear.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:09:52 »

I think you've missed the boat.

I also thought crypto currency was never going to be a winner. But many people made money from the bubble.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:12:38 »

Well, when the ads in my Junk folder offering Bitcoin etc outnumber the ads for erectile dysfunction, I’d say steer clear.

It's when you get Junk ads for Vagisil creme you should start to worry Eek

So, give no fucks
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:18:32 »

I think you've missed the boat.

I also thought crypto currency was never going to be a winner. But many people made money from the bubble.

I guess a follow up questions would be, if not Cryptocurrency, whats a good way to invest these days short to mid term.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:25:30 »

I have a few investments that have traded quite well in the last 5 years. But please do be careful as there is a whole host of shit out there. Depends on if you just want to make a quick buck, and be out as quick as you went in or looking more long term.

The one thing I was continually told when I got involved was definitely don't invest on a whim or even what a friend may say. Just research any investment and keep researching it (DYOR). Don't think that if you don't invest right now that you won't get another chance (FOMO). You will in most cases.

I'm in long term on most assets but I do trade on one or two. A lot of them can be very unpredictable/volatile but if you spend enough time watching several of them, there are a few that are fairly stable. They give great opportunities to trade in and out, say once a month.

I don't think BTC will have another BTC scenario and it isn't really worth investing in it now, because unless you already have a lot of disposable, it is essentially a SOV (Store or Value) and a rich man's toy. I personally wouldn't want to put in £10k worth to see the value drop several thousand but it's all relative to the individual.

I really on't see how anyone can claim any crypto or digital asset will "explode" or go on a bull run, in terms of a significant peak. Many of them may but quite equally they may drop quicker than Neymar too.

Look around, be savvy, take your time and try not to get sucked into any shillers that just want you to part with your cash. Also several schemes are purely that and dodgy as fuck.

Happy to discuss further in DM but as said above, think about the project you might be investing in, for example no one buys loom bands anymore because kids have moved on so you wouldn't invest in LoomBandInc (LMB Wink ) but you might invest in Apparel brand "Hype", even if a little late now. 

Just do your own homework first and see whether anything interests you. There are several gaming payment style projects that use a digital asset to make in game purchases quicker. But genuinely there is a huge amount of crypto on the markets so it's very much needle in a haystack.

One thing I'm certain of though, is that some of them are around and will be here to stay and I think some will gradually change or be a big part of how our banking works in the future.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:30:19 »

I have a few investments that have traded quite well in the last 5 years. But please do be careful as there is a whole host of shit out there. Depends on if you just want to make a quick buck, and be out as quick as you went in or looking more long term.

The one thing I was continually told when I got involved was definitely don't invest on a whim or even what a friend may say. Just research any investment and keep researching it (DYOR). Don't think that if you don't invest right now that you won't get another chance (FOMO). You will in most cases.

I'm in long term on most assets but I do trade on one or two. A lot of them can be very unpredictable/volatile but if you spend enough time watching several of them, there are a few that are fairly stable. They give great opportunities to trade in and out, say once a month.

I don't think BTC will have another BTC scenario and it isn't really worth investing in it now, because unless you already have a lot of disposable, it is essentially a SOV (Store or Value) and a rich man's toy. I personally wouldn't want to put in £10k worth to see the value drop several thousand but it's all relative to the individual.

I really on't see how anyone can claim any crypto or digital asset will "explode" or go on a bull run, in terms of a significant peak. Many of them may but quite equally they may drop quicker than Neymar too.

Look around, be savvy, take your time and try not to get sucked into any shillers that just want you to part with your cash. Also several schemes are purely that and dodgy as fuck.

Happy to discuss further in DM but as said above, think about the project you might be investing in, for example no one buys loom bands anymore because kids have moved on so you wouldn't invest in LoomBandInc (LMB Wink ) but you might invest in Apparel brand "Hype", even if a little late now.  

Just do your own homework first and see whether anything interests you. There are several gaming payment style projects that use a digital asset to make in game purchases quicker. But genuinely there is a huge amount of crypto on the markets so it's very much needle in a haystack.

One thing I'm certain of though, is that some of them are around and will be here to stay and I think some will gradually change or be a big part of how our banking works in the future.
[/quote

« Last Edit: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 17:08:02 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:39:53 »

Give that nice Steve Lansdown a call.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:42:26 »

Bamboo has a financial advisor? Hope they don't charge him by the hour  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 14:43:58 »

I think closer to the truth, Jimmy Quinn fucked up quoting
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 16:04:35 »

Nah, mine charges me by the paragraph the cunt 

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 16:50:08 »

Cheers man, thats a good read. I might hit you up for a chat at some point soon.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 17:04:13 »

Mo problen. As with anything, genuinely genuinely do not constitute this as financial advice.

But sure, definitely anytime Chubbs Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 17:07:00 »

Anyone here invest in cryptocurrency? I've been interested for a while but i don't really understand it. Speaking to a friend he was adamant that Orchid $OXT will "explode" in the next few months. I've taken his word for it and bough a small amount just to test the waters. Depending how this goes i might look at further, larger investments.

Obviously another Bitcoin scenario isn't going to happen but whats people experience/thoughts?

Never invest in something you don't fully understand, unless it's money you can afford to lose. That goes for all investments to a certain extent, recommendations even more so.

What are you currently invested in out of interest? Right now I'm in ZOE, EUA, AA, and SYME.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 17:08:37 »

[/quote

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: