Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92315 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 05:59:35 »

As Wellens said on the highlights show last night, the most one sided play-off final since Preston v Swindon. I was impressed by Marshall when he came on, an assist and plenty of good crosses. Moxeys challenge was ridiculous but Exeter would still have lost with 11 on the pitch

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 06:41:26 »

I quite enjoyed it, I guess I slightly favoured Northampton because I've not seen us lose there, and parking is easy if us fans are allowed in Smiley

But Exeter looked as pathetic as we did last visit(s) to Wembley. So Banker, we know how it feels.

Actually, Exeter have lost 3 out of the last 4 po finals. at least ours were spread out.

onwards to next week. FFS PUP
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:49:01 »

I know the spectacles get rose tinted when you watch your own team but I thought that was pretty awful watching, in terms of standard of football.  Northampton looked a better version of Flitcrofts team with us and Exeter looked like us against Preston.
I agree, it was a match between 2 pretty average sides, one better trained at their own brand of football than the other was.

Exeter hampered by a shoddy goalkeeper on a par with Moore and RCC for dithering ineptitude. Exeter also for a team managed by a defender could not defend.

They also were dire in front of goal, Northampton will struggle this coming season without huge investment in the team IMO.

But then its worked well for Wycombe playing that style in L1 so who knows.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:36:00 »

As Wellens said on the highlights show last night, the most one sided play-off final since Preston v Swindon. I was impressed by Marshall when he came on, an assist and plenty of good crosses. Moxeys challenge was ridiculous but Exeter would still have lost with 11 on the pitch

Exeter would have lost with 12 on the pitch,  woeful performance.   Wouldn't mind seeing Goode or Oliver in a Swindon shirt, Goodes throw ins are a major bonus for any team.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:41:28 »

Goodes throw ins are a major bonus for any team.
Any team that have players that can win headers, so wouldn't work in our team Wink

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:50:21 »

For those of you that did the same as me and took advantage of Skys football channels offer of  £18 a month on a 31 day rolling contract,  ùnless you wish to continue through the summer now is the time to cancel,   did mine this morning,  subscription runs out on August 1st, enough time to see the last games of the season.   Must admit only really purchased it to watch the play off games,  but have watched quite a few games in the premiership.  Must be the only time I have been able to say that I got good value from Sky !!.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:52:23 »

Any team that have players that can win headers, so wouldn't work in our team Wink
Ahh, it would,  as we would take Oliver as well  !!.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:54:06 »

Presumably, had Exeter secured promotion, That Nestor Lorenzo Heade would point to this (alongside Bayern's success in the bundesliga) as further evidence of the benefits of community ownership.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:12:57 »

Exeter would have lost with 12 on the pitch,  woeful performance.   Wouldn't mind seeing Goode or Oliver in a Swindon shirt, Goodes throw ins are a major bonus for any team.

Saw the highlights on quest. Exeter’s GK was MOTM, in my humble opinion. Sure four went past him but bloody hell, could have been double that, as for their defence, where was it?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:13:41 »

Has a week gone by already?

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:24:07 »

Saw the highlights on quest. Exeter’s GK was MOTM, in my humble opinion. Sure four went past him but bloody hell, could have been double that, as for their defence, where was it?
Admittedly their defence was shocking but I thought he was awful, didn't come to claim crosses, his handling was terrible, almost every shot he saved was straight at him.

If it was 1 foot to the left or right of him it went in, even Exeter fans were slating him as they have most of the season when he has played. His attempt at the 4th was comical.

Northamptons keeper wasn't much better but has so little to do all game.

Makes me so glad we had Benda this season, easily the best keeper in L2 by a country mile.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 13:37:40 »

Admittedly their defence was shocking but I thought he was awful, didn't come to claim crosses, his handling was terrible, almost every shot he saved was straight at him.

If it was 1 foot to the left or right of him it went in, even Exeter fans were slating him as they have most of the season when he has played. His attempt at the 4th was comical.

Northamptons keeper wasn't much better but has so little to do all game.

Makes me so glad we had Benda this season, easily the best keeper in L2 by a country mile.

I mostly agree, however, those in front of him didn’t cover themselves in any form of glory by going down fighting and the chap sent off needs a good kicking from his peers, no need for that tackle. My point indirectly was the saves he made, 0-4 could easily have been 0-6 or 0-8
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 13:50:59 »

Exeter’s keeper is a clown - maybe not RCC levels of clownishness but a clown nonetheless. No wonder the defence was all piss and panic with Krusty between the sticks.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 13:54:03 »

I mostly agree, however, those in front of him didn’t cover themselves in any form of glory by going down fighting and the chap sent off needs a good kicking from his peers, no need for that tackle. My point indirectly was the saves he made, 0-4 could easily have been 0-6 or 0-8
They were saves any keeper would make it doesn’t mean he had a good game, it’s the ones that he didn’t make that matter. Take RCC or even Belford, some of our fans rated them as they made a few saves, ultimately the saves that they made any pro keeper would make whereas as if you look at some of the stops Benda made they wouldn’t have got near them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 14:00:04 »

Exeter had a good few years of goalkeeping stability with Christy Pym or Bobby Olejnik as number 1 with James Hamon as the settled back-up.

I know Maxted played yesterday but Lewis Ward's performance at the CG this season was one of the poorest I've seen in a good while and he largely got away with it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: