Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Furloughed workers on here  (Read 29362 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 11:36:07 »

I'm working 75 hours a week

Not far behind you and the worse part is my income is down 50%
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 11:57:17 »

I'm a teaching assistant and have been working once every three weeks. Go back into school every other week from the 8th. I've counted myself as being very lucky indeed, work has broken up the boredom and I've been seeing my kids a lot more. But my girlfriend has been furloughed from the travel industry and has found it very stressful, the future for her is very unclear. Expecting her to be approached for voluntary redundancy any time. My lodger has been furloughed too, he goes back to work tomorrow but hasn't had his wages topped up so I agreed to let him pay 80% rent up until now

Nice gesture regarding the lodger and you seem to have had a nice mix of work and family life. I've only been home for a month and will find out in June if I'm being made redundant or not but I won't volunteer. In your partners case it would be better if they make her redundant rather than volunteering as it would affect any benefits she may want to claim thereafter but maybe she just wants out and take her chance elsewhere

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:13:36 »

There's no furlough scheme here. Not that I would qualify anway. They did give people 5,000 baht for the first month, but that would not even cover the rent for most.

If you've got no income here - then you're reliant on friends and family. A lot of people have headed out to the sticks where they can get by on next to nothing. There's also been large queues of people waiting for handouts of food. The pawn shops have been doing good business.

I think I should be OK as my main client is not affected by it. One can never be sure, though, such is the nature of freelancing. I don't think I could keep my sanity for long if I had to stay in a hut in a rice field.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:17:10 »

There's no furlough scheme here. Not that I would qualify anway. They did give people 5,000 baht for the first month, but that would not even cover the rent for most.

If you've got no income here - then you're reliant on friends and family. A lot of people have headed out to the sticks where they can get by on next to nothing. There's also been large queues of people waiting for handouts of food. The pawn shops have been doing good business.

I think I should be OK as my main client is not affected by it. One can never be sure, though, such is the nature of freelancing. I don't think I could keep my sanity for long if I had to stay in a hut in a rice field.
[/quote

That's the problem take your income away then worry as well boredom creeps in and not good for anyone's mental health

So, give no fucks
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:39:06 »

took a 20% wage/hour reduction which is to increase/decrease (however to want to look at it) to 10% from tomorrow which is a good sign. Work is still slow, but enough to keep me going.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:42:33 »

Nice gesture regarding the lodger and you seem to have had a nice mix of work and family life. I've only been home for a month and will find out in June if I'm being made redundant or not but I won't volunteer. In your partners case it would be better if they make her redundant rather than volunteering as it would affect any benefits she may want to claim thereafter but maybe she just wants out and take her chance elsewhere

With regards to the other half, it would seem that they'll be sweetening the deal for anybody volunteering to take it, but no offer has been made yet, I think it'll be a case of reacting when the specifics are made clear. Got them crossed for you that redundancy doesn't become an issue. Who knows where the land will lie in a couple of weeks time
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:49:10 »

With regards to the other half, it would seem that they'll be sweetening the deal for anybody volunteering to take it, but no offer has been made yet, I think it'll be a case of reacting when the specifics are made clear. Got them crossed for you that redundancy doesn't become an issue. Who knows where the land will lie in a couple of weeks time

Cheers and hope things work out for yourselves and everyone else under threat

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:09:23 »

Not far behind you and the worse part is my income is down 50%
Wow, that's shit, how does that happen?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:14:04 »

No sadly only 80%. It's not all bad as the weather has been fantastic but I've since been told there are going to be reduncies where I work before the end of June and I'm definitely in the chosen mix which won't bother me as I have nearly 31 years service and mid 50's   

At least a good redundancy payout and maybe a decent pension if worse comes to the worst?

Most of my work is for a fire service so it's been pretty much business as usual so far (touch wood).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:21:45 »

At least a good redundancy payout and maybe a decent pension if worse comes to the worst?

Most of my work is for a fire service so it's been pretty much business as usual so far (touch wood).

My employer serves mainly car industry, Aerospace and military so badly affected but hopefully yours will remain stable

So, give no fucks
Valid Pint

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:37:24 »

Shouldn't that be "torch wood"?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 13:54:22 »

Wow, that's shit, how does that happen?

Self Employed courier driver. We are not talking 500 drops of perfume and panties to bored households by yodel. I do long distance work. Mainly pallets which as you may realise come from commercial businesses, which surprise, surprise are on lockdown. You pay for your van and fuel for the job. The jobs do pay surprisingly well. The problem is getting a paying return job...so for instance a couple of weeks ago I took two pallets up to Newcastle. Take out the fuel to get there and the time it took (empty roads, yay) it paid well. Problem was getting a return which I couldn’t. So I have two choices. Drive back under my own pocket or sleep in the van. There is no accommodation to book so I drove home. In effect an 8am to 11.30pm day...last week I only got work one day out of four! Now TBF it was the worst week since lockdown. So three days I drove to Bristol sat there till early afternoon and drove back home all out of my own pocket with only one days work. I’m a Tory who believes in free market economy I still do. I can’t sit at home under the government SE scheme as I don’t have three years books to show. There is work so I take that when it arises. I don’t want sympathy (money, yes) but it does make my how do you all say ‘make my piss boil’ with all the whinging and bitching, the two face cunts who can afford to pay for their staff taking tax payers money to furlough their gardeners, cooks and handy persons etc, etc. And listen to my neighbours who have been sat in their gardens doing fuck all but sunbathe and drink at my expense. I just hope Rishi does not come knocking at LL towers with a begging bowl looking to help pay it all back. My Mrs. Has been working from home on full pay all along using our electric for her computer and her mobile for phone calls. And if I may say so working harder than when she was at the office.p, mainly because she is doing other furloughed employees work alongside hers. Fucked off? You bet I am. So when I see the poncey teachers unions and that cunt Khan gobbing off (others are available to add to the list of ungrateful cunts) you’ll have to forgive me while I kick the cat. I don’t have a cat as you’ll remember I fucking hate them, I just would if I could.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 14:05:15 »

teachers union kicking off her fuck all to do with your shit work position.

needless to say I hope it improves for you and everyone soon.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 14:25:54 »

Unions representing their members is what members pay them to do. Collectivism is a wonderful thing.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 15:06:52 »

Self Employed courier driver. We are not talking 500 drops of perfume and panties to bored households by yodel. I do long distance work. Mainly pallets which as you may realise come from commercial businesses, which surprise, surprise are on lockdown. You pay for your van and fuel for the job. The jobs do pay surprisingly well. The problem is getting a paying return job...so for instance a couple of weeks ago I took two pallets up to Newcastle. Take out the fuel to get there and the time it took (empty roads, yay) it paid well. Problem was getting a return which I couldn’t. So I have two choices. Drive back under my own pocket or sleep in the van. There is no accommodation to book so I drove home. In effect an 8am to 11.30pm day...last week I only got work one day out of four! Now TBF it was the worst week since lockdown. So three days I drove to Bristol sat there till early afternoon and drove back home all out of my own pocket with only one days work. I’m a Tory who believes in free market economy I still do. I can’t sit at home under the government SE scheme as I don’t have three years books to show. There is work so I take that when it arises. I don’t want sympathy (money, yes) but it does make my how do you all say ‘make my piss boil’ with all the whinging and bitching, the two face cunts who can afford to pay for their staff taking tax payers money to furlough their gardeners, cooks and handy persons etc, etc. And listen to my neighbours who have been sat in their gardens doing fuck all but sunbathe and drink at my expense. I just hope Rishi does not come knocking at LL towers with a begging bowl looking to help pay it all back. My Mrs. Has been working from home on full pay all along using our electric for her computer and her mobile for phone calls. And if I may say so working harder than when she was at the office.p, mainly because she is doing other furloughed employees work alongside hers. Fucked off? You bet I am. So when I see the poncey teachers unions and that cunt Khan gobbing off (others are available to add to the list of ungrateful cunts) you’ll have to forgive me while I kick the cat. I don’t have a cat as you’ll remember I fucking hate them, I just would if I could.

Wow hats off and fair play for trying to earn a living when everything is against you.
What p's me of Im furloughed for upto 8 weeks but where I work they are still working overtime and it's deemed as non ethical that myself and many others are losing 20% of their pay but others are racking it in on overtime. How is that right/fair

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: