Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Furloughed workers on here  (Read 29363 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 08:30:47 »

Like thousands in the country I'm furloughed until the end of June and was wondering how many posters are in the same position and are worried about their jobs etc even before Rishi Sunak's planned budget
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/11749179/rishi-sunak-plans-for-emergency-budget/
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 12:54:41 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 08:52:32 »

Work has been the busiest it’s ever been.
That has been the only change.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:03:45 »

I'm working 75 hours a week
Valid Pint

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:06:53 »

Like thousands in the country I'm furloughed until the end of June and was wondering how many posters are in the same position and are worried about their jobs etc
You lucky bastard. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Are you being topped up to 100% wages?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:07:55 »

Furloughed until at least the end of July. I work (in IT for) in business travel so expectations of getting up to speed any time soon are pretty low. I know not working on full pay sounds great but I'm bored out of my mind as you can't go anywhere. All the great expectations of learning new skills or whatever have already ceded to CM01/02.

Company are being good about topping up wages so far but gotta think it won't last if the sector doesn't pick up. Definitely concerned, but probably a month or two away from properly looking around.

The people I know are either doing nothing on furlough or working twice as hard as usual, very little in between.
Valid Pint

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:14:34 »

I support the key shirkers
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:15:50 »

I haven't been furloughed yet, only because ive been covering for others who do different jobs. I've made myself essential enough that i would be last out of the door, but i do worry that my own work will be slow to come back and I'll lose overtime or even the company will struggle with the overall reduced amount of work.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:26:16 »

Still working. Still very busy.

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:36:22 »

As above
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 09:39:47 »

Seems a bit churlish to write this as others are struggling but things seem ok where I am. I have full remote access and so will likely be working from home for some time (6-18 months perhaps). Got a call from my manager to buy a keyboard, mouse, monitor and hands free telephone headset that the company will pay for. I’m currently working with a laptop in my spare room so clearly longer term that’s not going to be good for my back etc so need to try and setup a proper workstation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:06:49 »

I work in Benefits, so sadly due to the current circumstances work has never been busier, and will continue to be so for a long time i feel, so my job is reasonably safe right now...

However, i do feel for anyone who has been furloughed, and the uncertanty about the future etc...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:14:49 »

You lucky bastard. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Are you being topped up to 100% wages?

No sadly only 80%. It's not all bad as the weather has been fantastic but I've since been told there are going to be reduncies where I work before the end of June and I'm definitely in the chosen mix which won't bother me as I have nearly 31 years service and mid 50's   
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:18:24 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:20:49 »

I haven't been furloughed yet, only because ive been covering for others who do different jobs. I've made myself essential enough that i would be last out of the door, but i do worry that my own work will be slow to come back and I'll lose overtime or even the company will struggle with the overall reduced amount of work.

You probably won't get furloughed now as the government are stopping employers from using soon but you have to hope that your company in general won't have to reduce staff when all this settles down

So, give no fucks
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 11:31:51 »

I'm a teaching assistant and have been working once every three weeks. Go back into school every other week from the 8th. I've counted myself as being very lucky indeed, work has broken up the boredom and I've been seeing my kids a lot more. But my girlfriend has been furloughed from the travel industry and has found it very stressful, the future for her is very unclear. Expecting her to be approached for voluntary redundancy any time. My lodger has been furloughed too, he goes back to work tomorrow but hasn't had his wages topped up so I agreed to let him pay 80% rent up until now
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 11:35:17 »

I'm furloughed with just the 80% salary, but hope to return to work (non-essential retail) during June. Living in rural Wales, I have been having quite a nice time, thanks. But absolute admiration for essential workers who are battling through.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: