Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crap patio (or ‘Crapio’)  (Read 6327 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 08:05:38 »

Essentially, there was no plan, he was hoofing it, and I was naive enough to trust him. Decided against letting him have another crack at it and instead will look to level it all out and then using paving bricks the same as what's already down. Looks easier at least.

Block paving arguably takes more prep and will be a bit more difficult to get to the same height as your existing paving. You have to allow for the compaction of the sand bed under the blocks after whacking them.

Slabs should be easier, you can just add or remove mortar to achieve the desired height.

pavingexpert.com is the go-to resource for anything paving related.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 11:34:05 »

I laid a small patio a while back and it was a bit or trial and error but once you have one row all set, you're pretty much good to go. Make sure you have a spirit level and string and its plain sailing really.
That first photo, there must have been a point where he's looking at this and thinking, "hang on, this looks a bit pissed" but though, fuck it, just carry on and hope it's not noticeable.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:44:15 »

If he's in his early 30s, there may have been early warning signs.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Court+clamp+on+yob+of+15.-a089260992
Mmm, I wonder?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 05:35:02 »

I laid a small patio a while back and it was a bit or trial and error but once you have one row all set, you're pretty much good to go. Make sure you have a spirit level and string and its plain sailing really.
That first photo, there must have been a point where he's looking at this and thinking, "hang on, this looks a bit pissed" but though, fuck it, just carry on and hope it's not noticeable.

He acknowledged that it wasn't 'straight', but not that it was bloody uneven.

Thanks for the tips Samdy, will check out the link.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 21, 2020, 17:37:05 »

Just come across this thread by accident.  How did this end up?
I saw a patio on telly, just like the one in your photo laid by your brother in law.  I think it was in Prime Suspect and it had bodies buried underneath.
Hopefully you got this sorted! Pint
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: