Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lockdown diet habits  (Read 10946 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 16:50:56 »

When you can buy 24 cans of Zyweic for £30 it doesn't help matters.
Passing Lilleys cider  shop so popped in,  came out with 4 different 5L boxes, bloody amazing stuff and only just over £50 !!.
Going to be a good weekend !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 17:50:11 »

Passing Lilleys cider  shop so popped in,  came out with 4 different 5L boxes, bloody amazing stuff and only just over £50 !!.
I go to Lilleys shop every couple of months as its not too far from me, usually get a few boxes of Gladiator...nice stuff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 7, 2020, 18:34:36 »

Fookin' hell, that place looks alright! I pass by that way from time to time, will have to pop in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 17:36:08 »

Got a chicken crown, just prepared the veg for Mediterranean vegetables. Red pointed pepper, tomatoes, onion, a shed load of garlic, courgette, mushrooms and a bit of spud. Lovely. Fridge pack of Stella.  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 17:59:30 »

Got a chicken crown, just prepared the veg for Mediterranean vegetables. Red pointed pepper, tomatoes, onion, a shed load of garlic, courgette, mushrooms and a bit of spud. Lovely. Fridge pack of Stella.  Smiley

Glad to hear you have your head gear sorted!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 18:01:31 »

The Stella or the chicken crown? 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 19:39:36 »

The Stella or the chicken crown? 

Haha!! I was referring to the crown but both work. Enjoy 4D!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 19:42:51 »

Ta. The chicken crown had a sage and onion filling, it overpowered the veg a bit, live and learn. On Stella number 4  Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, May 8, 2020, 22:56:52 by 4D » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 8, 2020, 21:04:18 »

I go to Lilleys shop every couple of months as its not too far from me, usually get a few boxes of Gladiator...nice stuff.

A bit far to go for those living up country but Sheppeys is worth a visit for those who enjoy their cider.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 08:46:03 »

A bit far to go for those living up country but Sheppeys is worth a visit for those who enjoy their cider.
Sheppeys is shit for me, too cowy tasting, the wife works occassionally in Wincanton and Shepton so we pop in while there.

I like strong cider and Sheppys just doesnt hit the spot, Gladiator at 8.4% though is perfect.

Normally I go to Perrys but there are so many to choose from down here, Bridge Farm or Perrys are the best rough scrumpies and cheap but sometimes I want more refined like Lilleys.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 17:33:54 »

Steak and kidney pie tonight, with Mediterranean veg.  Yes
Diced potato, pointed pepper, tomatoes, onion, courgette, garlic, mushroom, carrot and parsnip (honey on these two).
Fantastic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 17:48:48 »

who was it who mentioned the stay pufft porter?

Any good?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:34:03 »

who was it who mentioned the stay pufft porter?

Any good?

It is, lovely stuff.  They do a strong one, too, but I can't remember the name.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:43:03 »

Fookin' hell, that place looks alright! I pass by that way from time to time, will have to pop in.
Just noticed your reply,   not sure if you know but they have moved now,  check their website for new address,  no longer in Frome itself.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:55:28 »

Sheppeys is shit for me, too cowy tasting, the wife works occassionally in Wincanton and Shepton so we pop in while there.

I like strong cider and Sheppys just doesnt hit the spot, Gladiator at 8.4% though is perfect.

Normally I go to Perrys but there are so many to choose from down here, Bridge Farm or Perrys are the best rough scrumpies and cheap but sometimes I want more refined like Lilleys.
Same here,  not so keen on Sheppeys,  do like to pay a visit to Riches, usually make the excuse of taking the wife to Clarks village, then casually drop into the conversation,  shall we go to Riches for some dinner ?.    (Devious Bastard).     Lovely restaurant,  excellent food.  Cider straight from the barrel into your container,   like a sweet cider and their sweet is superb.  Obviously,  haven't been able to get there since the lock down,  don't even know if it's open.    Anyone know if they still have the two gorgeous golden retrievers at the house just inside the gate ?, always ready for a stroke !!.  Anyway,  back to Lillies, love the Gladiator,  slightly prefer the DarkCider at 7.4%,   also like the Tropical at a lightweight 4%,  goes down too easy but ok for a session drink.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: