Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lockdown diet habits  (Read 10935 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 08:50:45 »

Considering I have been more physically active than usual during the lockdown I have managed to put on a bit of weight. A few more beers than usual and some "treat" foods haven't helped. So the start of this week I have decided to do something about it, no more treats, no bread and no beer. Lost a kilo already. Started having porridge with blueberries for breakfast too. Lovely.
Anyone else battling the gut during the lockdown?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:04:25 »

Considering I have been more physically active than usual during the lockdown I have managed to put on a bit of weight. A few more beers than usual and some "treat" foods haven't helped. So the start of this week I have decided to do something about it, no more treats, no bread and no beer. Lost a kilo already. Started having porridge with blueberries for breakfast too. Lovely.
Anyone else battling the gut during the lockdown?
Bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, weight by itself might not be the best measure. I have to keep telling myself this. And that bulge around my midriff is all waist muscles I have put on recently!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:36:57 »

Yep, but I don't give a shit. When the weather is nice, and can anyone resist a nice cool beverage. Too much to worry about at the moment. Just enjoying life and feel lucky to be here.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:40:48 »

I've been in the same boat as you 4D. My usual Monday-Friday commute/gym means I'm doing circa 15k steps (including a daily walk up 10 flights of steps to my desk) and usually eat healthily during the week, allowing myself 'treats' at the weekend.

However the exercise has dipped, I try and get out for a walk daily, circa 8k steps a day and try and do sit ups, push ups and press ups to keep up my strength. I'm drinking a lot more alcohol and my bread intake has gone through the roof and the waist muscles are certainly getting more prominent.

When the jeans start to get tight again I'll have to properly make an effort to shift some weight but at the moment I am 'enjoying' the diet, basically fucking the hard work I went through to lose the weight I had put on coming back from Oz in Christmas 2018.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:41:35 »

I'm far less active. Instead of 4 hours commuting 8 in the office with around 2-5 miles walked on a normal day, I'm sat in front of a screen for 12+ hours.

I cant work out how most people are doing stuff unless furloughed, bar they have a quiet job or just skiving. I'd be worried on both those last items if it was me.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 09:50:18 »

I've managed to lose a stone by eating smaller dinners. Now that I've managed that, I wouldn't mind losing another 0.5-1 stone but that will involve exercise and cutting down on drinking which has definitely ramped up to very unhealthy levels since lockdown.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 10:06:22 »

I've put on a couple of kgs in the past two months; drinking too much and eating too much crap.
I usually play football 2-3 times a week, so at the moment trying to do more running. Did 50 miles in April and aiming for 100 miles this month. I'm now trying to only drink at weekends and cut the crap/treats down.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 10:07:59 »

I've lost half a stone despite seemingly eating more treat foods than normal.  But my steps count has increased as have made sure I get out every day for a long walk or a run.  I'd normally be in the gym lifting weights 3 times a week so some muscle wastage might have also contributed to the loss.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 10:10:34 »

I've stayed about the same.

Not much has changed for me, other than not being able to go out at weekends ocassionaly.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 12:03:18 »

Only eating on average twice a day now - nearly always have a couple of poached eggs for breakfast, when hungry at about midday/1, then follow that up with a good dinner in the evening. Or something like halloumi salad and a smaller other meal. I just don't buy unhealthy snacks, except the occasional bar of chocolate.

Been cycling every 2/3 days, building up my distance and currently at about 30 miles. I don't have scales so no idea what my weight is doing. Only usually drink on quiz tonight (tonight), and stopped smoking just over a week ago.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 12:08:16 »

I've put on a couple of kgs in the past two months; drinking too much and eating too much crap.
I usually play football 2-3 times a week, so at the moment trying to do more running. Did 50 miles in April and aiming for 100 miles this month. I'm now trying to only drink at weekends and cut the crap/treats down.

So you will be on water tonight?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 13:07:15 »

As it's a special occasion, I might have a couple of beers Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 16:58:57 »

I started with all good intentions.  I was planning on 10k a day and healthy eating which lasted for about a week.

Then the children got bored.  Every day baking something new that I had to taste.

Then the wife started getting a few drinks in.  So I had to join in with that.

Then I started working.  Basically every day in an office.  Food provided.  Sandwiches crisps and cake every day.

And bettys cafe do a bloody lovely breakfast roll.

And on the way back on the M4, membury services are open.  And Waitrose has nice things.

And then more drink.

Basically I am now a fat fuck again and need to pull myself together and do some sort exercise.  But its really not easy leaving at 5am and getting home after 5 for 6 days a week to exercise on my one day off.

Still.  Im sure this will only last for a few months and then I can get back to it.

Im off to the fridge.

Never knowingly overstated.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 18:30:36 »

I put on 6kg on a four week holiday at the turn of the year, and I still haven't shifted all of that yet. Normally I would at this time of year but my booze intake has gone up during the lockdown. I've been intermittent fasting to lose a couple of kilos, then smashing it all back on again at the weekend.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 19:51:52 »

Just had a salmon red thai fillet with roasted Mediterranean vegetables, and a glass or 3 of rioja. Heaven.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: