Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tablet advice  (Read 3778 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:49:42 »

Working remotely: I have to source 4 tablets to run Gsuite emails and provide a decent web browsing experience.

I was told to get 4 iPads, but with Amazon fire and various other tablets being more than capable, should I just get 4 decent android tablets? I used an amazon tablet before and the user experience was too Amazon-centric and by recollection wouldn’t lean towards helping workers from home.

Any tips on what direction I should go in please? Leaning towards some 10” Lenovo tablets.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:32:16 »

I have an Amazon fire, I wouldn't personally ever buy another. The spec is crap and it's far too Amazony. It was a mission just to install the Google Play Store.

A half decent Android tablet will be fine. We have Lenovos at work and they do the job.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 08:48:01 »

I have an Amazon fire, I wouldn't personally ever buy another. The spec is crap and it's far too Amazony. It was a mission just to install the Google Play Store.

A half decent Android tablet will be fine. We have Lenovos at work and they do the job.

Thanks, I got some Huawei T5 ones in the end as they were £20 cheaper and seemed decent enough.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 10:04:35 »

The Huawei ones are a good choice, I used an older version and it was as good if not better then the Samsung Tab. For personal use I prefer an iPad but don't think I could use it for work purposes.

Weirdly I prefer the iPad but can't stand iPhones, I have a Huawei phone which is excellent.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 22:25:17 »

I am still using a Google Nexus 7

Nothing to see here
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: