Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The usual crap.  (Read 9995 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:45:44 »

You keep making up your own arguments, I am out of here.
To quote Reg himself, he could start an argument in an empty room.......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:49:28 »

But you have used the same argument yourself by suggesting that it was easier to play Grimsby earlier in the season than it is now......

When we played Bradford they were on an unbeaten run of 7 matches. They were on a run of 7 winless matches when they played Grimsby.

In a generally even league like Div 4 most teams are of a similar standard, however there is always room for a side on a terrible run or who are imploding, meaning a good time to play them.  Sometimes you may not know it's a good time to play them until later...  these are relatively rare. Atm you'd think FGR and Macc would be good to have, and they still await, but things can change and we might not necessarily have noticed.

I know you like an argument, but I'm not shifting on this I think Grimsby will be a difficult game.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 16:59:31 »

Tbh, Reg, you think every game we play is a hard game.

It’s either a norvern outpost where we don’t do well
Or
It’s a Tuesday evening
Or
It’s some team we’ve struggled to beat in the past
Or
In this instance the other team is in good form

How on earth are we top of the league? A little credit now and again wouldn’t go amiss.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 17:09:18 »

Sorry where did anyone suggest it was going to be an easy game, even Venkers suggested 0-0 as a score which for the top of the league team suggests its not perceived as an easy game.

Just argument for the sake of argument, sad really.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 17:18:25 »

Groundhog Day  Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 19:05:11 »

Let's keep it friendly, particularly given recent events...

Nothing to see here
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 19:36:47 »

Sorry where did anyone suggest it was going to be an easy game, even Venkers suggested 0-0 as a score which for the top of the league team suggests its not perceived as an easy game.

Just argument for the sake of argument, sad really.

Then why do it if it concerns you that much? 

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 20:02:19 »

Stop making new threads for this stuff Flashheart. It gets uncomfortably close to bullying behaviour. Isn’t the ignore button enough?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 20:04:41 »

Fuck that.

Bullying? It's you cunts that keep going on at him and filling threads with crap that people don't want to read. I want fuck all to do with it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 20:54:10 »

Fuck me. They’re on a ten game winning run, of course it’s going to be difficult. Reg didn’t even say it would be tough or impossible, just that we shouldn’t diminish their run for whatever reason. And we shouldn’t. A ten game unbeaten run is a sign of a tough team that will be tough to beat

No need to make this a new thread, nor pile on reg. Jesus Christ, it’s pathetic

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:08:07 »

Fuck me. They’re on a ten game winning run, of course it’s going to be difficult. Reg didn’t even say it would be tough or impossible, just that we shouldn’t diminish their run for whatever reason. And we shouldn’t. A ten game unbeaten run is a sign of a tough team that will be tough to beat

No need to make this a new thread, nor pile on reg. Jesus Christ, it’s pathetic
Ey? 10 game winning run? They’ve lost twice in their last 10 games. Of course it won’t be ‘easy’ but we should be expecting to win rather than worrying about opponents and the fact we’ve beaten 18 of the 23 teams in this league so far shows that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:09:24 »

I reckon this will be easy amd we will win 4-0
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:11:25 »

In a generally even league like Div 4 most teams are of a similar standard, however there is always room for a side on a terrible run or who are imploding, meaning a good time to play them.  Sometimes you may not know it's a good time to play them until later...  these are relatively rare. Atm you'd think FGR and Macc would be good to have, and they still await, but things can change and we might not necessarily have noticed.

I know you like an argument, but I'm not shifting on this I think Grimsby will be a difficult game.
I'm not arguing with you. I agree with you that Grimsby will be a tough game.

My point is that you used (sound, in my opinion) reasoning to back up your argument but then argued against PV for using the exact same reasoning to back up his point.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:14:05 »

There's an Ignore button for a reason.

We all know what Reg is like. Even if we win the league comfortably there will be some comment on how next season is certain relegation. He's been the same way for 15 odd years, and that's just the time I've know him as "Reg Smeeton".
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 21:34:27 »

I reckon it will be a tough game but the home side will triumph 2 goals to 1.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: