Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bamboo's Wanky Wednesday Teaser (on a Thursday)  (Read 51732 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 02:16:44 »

Ok, so I want to change/distract a few of you with something a bit more fucking fun. Rather than continued thread derailment (I'm writing my own death note with that I know), stupid arguing about whether PO goals count or not for certain scenarios, or that our season is over. So a little shift of focus.

If you want to take part, it is open to all. If you don't, you don't and that's fine too.

So, I'm not sure if any of you know but I'm a keen photographer. I've done several paid projects, working on many personal (self funded) projects, amongst other stuff. It's tough, especially when starting with zero backing at all. I'll be honest, there are days where I feel like chucking everything in; but that aint me. Some of you might like my work, some of you will think I'm a cunt regardless and some of you will just not like it at all. Again, it's fine - anything creative is always at the mercy of the holder/viewer/reader. We're all viable critics when it comes to art - whatever the medium.

Right, essentially all I'm proposing is a way of getting some of my work out there a little more and I'm certainly not getting the Bournemouth Begging Bowl out. Each week, I'll pose a teaser and whoever answer's correctly first, will win a photographic print of their choosing (from an available selection) and maybe I'll chuck in a few other prizes as time goes on. All completely free and I'll cover p&p, even if you live in outer Mongolia or whatever.

If no one guesses correctly within the week, then it'll roll on until someone gets it. The bonus is, the prints and prizes will rollover so you could end up with the pleasure of having something like 20 of my prints rolling around your attic or to use as some useful kindling Smiley

PS: If any of you run a business or want to donate a prize/voucher/whatever then feel free but no pressure to do so.

Anyway, I'll try to keep each weeks teaser/riddle short (Haha, Mr. Concise here). So without further adieu, here is the very first Bamboo's Wanky Wednesday Teaser (on a Thursday):

What did Sheffield students have, when Nick Clegg became Deputy Prime Minister?

Answer: A Hallam Hope
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:06:55 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 07:58:09 »

I'm not quite sure why it would work, but based entirely on the constituency (and university) name, is the answer 'a Hallam Hope?'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 08:00:34 »

Syphillis?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 08:27:54 »

A chuckle
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 08:30:26 »

I'm not quite sure why it would work, but based entirely on the constituency (and university) name, is the answer 'a Hallam Hope?'
I suspect we have our first winner...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 08:41:09 »

Presumably because he had previously pledged to scrap tuition fees.
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 09:15:06 »

No, Would have been NO Hope !!.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 20:54:42 »

Good Evening!

Well that one didn't take long, I'll have to go more cryptic next time!

Really loved Audrey's syphilis answer, which in most circumstances would've been correct but bared no real correlation with Mr. Clegg (not that i'm aware of).

EB figured out how the answer worked but indeed, early bird gets that worm and NEMO accurately and potentially unknowingly answered correctly. I'll DM you with a link to your print options and other formalities tomorrow. Well done!

I've decided to also giveaway, once this concludes (or somewhen), a free canvas of one of my landscape shots to the person who guesses in the quickest time. So far Nemo holds that record of course with an impressive 5hrs 41mins 25secs. Long way to go yet but can it be beaten?

Cheers for now, and catch whoever wants to take part next time, when we play Week Two of Bamboo's Weekly Wanky Teaser.

Bamboo  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 10:37:57 »

Woot Jumping
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:41:47 »

Afternoon!

In true and likely continuing form, Bamboo's WWT is back and on a Thursday, for Week Two. NEMO won Week One with his very quick answer of 'A Hallam Hope'. His image of choice was a 'Frog in Bucket'. Every week I'll include the image chosen. La Grenouille is now on it's way to Mr. Nemo and will feature in his office space.

He also made a really great but simple gesture; since I'm doing this for nowt he offered to donate a token amount to a charity of my choosing. If anyone else wishes follow suit then I implore you to do so. Fantastic idea. Charity of choice for Week One was C.A.LM, a really great charity which focuses on preventing suicide in predominantly males under 45. Find out more at www.thecalmzone.net

No more dragging this out (I know you're all so desperate to know what the next one is), so moving on as we play Week Two of Bamboo's WWT (on a Thursday);

From memories of steam and traffic, to a diamond era. You can't beat a Locomotive!
What am I?

Answer: The STFC Logo

* NewCheekyFrog.jpg (390.39 KB, 2201x1522 - viewed 421 times.)
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 21:15:26 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 13:59:43 »

The STFC logo?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 14:02:40 »

The STFC logo?

Yeah pretty sure that's correct.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 14:12:03 »

The STFC logo?

I must confess I got to the second paragraph, could only think of Gyles Brandreth in the linguistic gymnastics being performed and lost interest!

However it might be the badge?
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 14:13:40 »

I must confess I got to the second paragraph,

Fair play - I didn't even make it that far.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 21:11:53 »

I must confess I got to the second paragraph, could only think of Gyles Brandreth in the linguistic gymnastics being performed and lost interest!

However it might be the badge?

I'm more of a Melvynn Bragg type of man 😉

Fair play - I didn't even make it that far.

Fucker!  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: