Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ball boys  (Read 3345 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 13:55:28 »

We all recall Matt Ritchie and that annoying twat at the Kebab Stad as well as the kicking rightly doled out by Eden Hazard to Swansea's Billy Little Bollocks.

Isn't it dreary to watch the ball retrieved from the Stratton Bank though and is there not sometimes a legitimate role for ball boys to act smart?

I missed this "live" but enjoyed reading about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50567915
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 16:22:19 »

Jimmy Quinn specifically instructed us to slow the game down as much as possible if we were ahead... Which I did in my very first game at home to Portsmouth. We were 1-0 up and I was down the Nationwide Stand not far from the Pompey fans in the Stratton Bank. The ball went out for a throw in and I deliberately slowed it down... Which prompted to Steve Claridge to yell some expletives at me. He scored a few minutes later. We didn't take the lead much that season so it wasn't really an option.

If we were winning late in the game and I could get away with it I did used to throw the ball near the corner flag or "accidentally" throw the ball slighty too far away from the opposing players (I was usually in front of the Town End). Obviously I'd rush to get the ball if we were losing. Got a clip round the ear a few times.

I did lose the ball in the Stratton Bank a couple of times. Not always deliberately!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:02:11 »

The one that sat in front of the Town End a year or two back was badass.
He wasn't going to move for anything.
On the one occasion that he did move, it was in ultra slow motion.

Not sure what the terminology is but I'd like to see the system of a new ball thrown back in by the ball boys/girls brought back in. Ball rotation or recycling?

At the end of the day it's our money when the ball disappears down the steps into the concourse of the DRS and takes what seems like an age to reappear. Don't think that the time gets added on in those cases?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:05:10 »

At the end of the day it's our money when the ball disappears down the steps into the concourse of the DRS and takes what seems like an age to reappear. Don't think that the time gets added on in those cases?

Probably not,  but that's the general idea when we're winning.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:37:04 »

Our ballboys always seem shocking of late, they just look at each other and do nothing half the time or try to be clever and kick the ball to the player and completely shank it. At times it's felt like we don't even have any.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:40:51 »

We all recall Matt Ritchie and that annoying twat at the Kebab Stad as well as the kicking rightly doled out by Eden Hazard to Swansea's Billy Little Bollocks.

Isn't it dreary to watch the ball retrieved from the Stratton Bank though and is there not sometimes a legitimate role for ball boys to act smart?

I missed this "live" but enjoyed reading about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50567915

Ball ball did his job well, Spurs player less so as there was quite the hint of foul about the throw he took, if referees ever actually checked such things these days!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 11:59:09 »

Not sure what the terminology is but I'd like to see the system of a new ball thrown back in by the ball boys/girls brought back in. Ball rotation or recycling?

Both clubs and the referee have to agree in order to do this.  Don't think there's an official name for it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 12:15:03 »

Multiball
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 15:55:40 »

Pinball
Pages: [1]   Go Up