Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 56949 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:08:58 »

Oh, my first time in the glue pot. What a great pub. Cracking ale  Pint
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:12:39 »

Nervy there but a great three points and interesting to see us shut down a game with those subs, feels like something we haven't really seen before from Wellens.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:13:41 »

Oh, my first time in the glue pot. What a great pub. Cracking ale  Pint

Swindon's best. Oh, and We've got Pele...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:17:00 »

What was the talk at the start of the second half from the commentators, sounded like some sort of news? Donohue? (My wife chose this moment to come in and tell me about something, so missed the detail)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:20:25 »

Half the time Benda looks brilliant half the time he is a flapper, the same applies to his distribution. LMC is still the better keeper IMO.
Nah Benda is a much better keeper, gets to stuff McCormick wouldn’t get close to and his interceptions outside the box have saved a few goals this season.

Broadbent looked much better today and definitely helped us look a bit more solid at the back.

As for the rest of the game we just about deserved to win but it was streaky. Both Fryers and Baudry were pretty poor defensively especially in the air barely winning anything hence the Broadbent sub.

Don’t get the Woolery criticism, he was a good outlet and set up the goal. Yeah he makes wrong choices but he also made a couple of big headers in our box and good flick ons to set up attacks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:28:24 »

Reasonable first half, bit too open but we played ok, especially going forward.

Poor second half, disjointed, error laden and we looked at killing the game and slowing it down quite early.

But the ginger Pele scored again. we got a clean sheet,. 3 points.

that'll do me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:31:36 »

Quote from: Nemo
What was the talk at the start of the second half from the commentators, sounded like some sort of news? Donohue? (My wife chose this moment to come in and tell me about something, so missed the detail)

from post match:
Donohue was going to play, but late last night Wellens got a phone call to say the fa 'objected' to the signing.

they hope to have him signed for next game
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:31:59 »

Fantastic win. Mansfield will take points off some of our promotion rivals. This time last year we would have drawn or lost that game so it shows how much we have improved.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 17:39:22 »

Move to 3 at the back won that game. I’ve been quick to criticise Wellens unwillingness to change things about mid-game before, but adding that extra centre back won us that game and all credit to hi

Encouraged by both the way we played to start the game, and how we responded to being under the cosh (and probably could/should have done better with some of the chances we got on the break)

Things get better but they never get good
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:09:38 »

Sounds like Broadbent did well. Hopefully he will gain confidence from this and be more involved with the first team. Wellens showed faith in him today and it paid off.
Flashheart

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:16:12 »

I like Yates as a player, but I find him wasteful in front of goal... Yet he is still the joint 2nd top scorer in league 2. He's still getting enough opportunities to put enough away to be joint 2nd despite him not being clinical.

I don't mean to take any credit away from the ginger Pele, he's been phenomenal, but I think a lot of credit must go to the service he is getting. Will he be getting that service at Bradford? A look on their forum suggests not.

It also suggests that another fox in the box will do well here if Bradford recall Doyle.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:19:39 »

Red thai curry meatballs for tea  Eat
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:22:50 »

I like Yates as a player, but I find him wasteful in front of goal... Yet he is still the joint 2nd top scorer in league 2. He's still getting enough opportunities to put enough away to be joint 2nd despite him not being clinical.

I don't mean to take any credit away from the ginger Pele, he's been phenomenal, but I think a lot of credit must go to the service he is getting. Will he be getting that service at Bradford? A look on their forum suggests not.

It also suggests that another fox in the box will do well here if Bradford recall Doyle.
I concur, exactly my thoughts too. Hopefully we will have put a package together for Doyle making the last part irrelevant.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:25:24 »

FGR and Crewe meet in the week, using up their game in hand... a win for either takes them top, a draw would be nice.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 18:26:22 »

We could have been 5-0 up in the first 30 minutes but were pretty wasteful with some golden chances. Caddis was immense at both ends of the pitch and was unlucky his curling shot hit the post. Then the passes started going astray and we looked like a side at the bottom of the league. Mansfield (who were woeful up til then) sensed they could get something out of the game and for the rest of the half and first 25 mins of the 2nd half were unlucky not to be level if not ahead. Every time they went forward they created a chance and a better side would have buried us. Thankfully the substitutions shored up our defence and we even started creating the odd chance (Yates worked hard but should have done better in front of goal).

As others have said, a game we would have drawn or lost last year so very happy with the 3 points!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: