Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bantams view on Doyle situation  (Read 122632 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, December 22, 2019, 17:08:14 »

you don't find another Doyle in January.

you might find a half Doyle and sunshine steps up to do the other half though
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, December 23, 2019, 12:52:24 »

It's quite hilarious on that Bantam Talk Forum thread. There's a poster Fordy, who is termed "Mr.Negative" and seems to think he is always right...reminds me of someone on here  Hmmm

What's more interesting and very amusing there isn't the 102 (and growing) pages of internal squabbling, over not having hindsight. It is the incoherent believe by several that they have the divine right to one of the auto spots.

Fuck off. A lot of us have learnt the hard way that this division can become a rut for "good" and "big" clubs. The mistake is the expectation of thinking, as some of those Bradford fans are currently, they have been given some kind of "auto-bye". For all the "so close finishes" of 9th or even 6th/7th, can make for an even more frustrating time. Especially as reality sets in and a realisation that this is the here and now. I can understand their unwanted time in this wretched division but they, like us, have to earn the right to get out of it. As we all know, sometimes it can take several seasons to get it right.

Eoin Doyle will be playing in a Town shirt in February. I happen to have spoken to his father-in-law Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 08:44:11 »

Bradford season tickets for 20/21 season now on sale,    £25 for kids,  £150 adults for new buyers, probably less for renewals,  website will not tell me renewal prices without logging in,   if they are trying to raise cash to pay Doyle,  don't think they are going to make that much at these prices.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 08:50:03 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 08:45:27 »

Bradford season tickets for 20/21 season now on sale,    £25 for kids,  £150 adults,   if they are trying to raise cash to pay Doyle,  don't think they are going to make that much at these prices.
Although would love to see Power offer tickets at those prices.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 08:56:24 »

Those prices are a good idea to retain support, only viable with a good size ground like Bradford have.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:06:23 »

Their local journo reckons they can afford to bring him back now.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18117823.amp/?__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:08:47 by tans » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:31:10 »

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18117823.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I can afford to hire midgets to clean my house for me, but it doesn't mean I should...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:34:40 »

You should. Once, to freak the wife out.
Flashheart

« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:38:03 »

... and drop a 'small' hint.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 09:49:30 »

Maybe they could but would they really want to invest a considerable amount of money (by L2 standards) in a player who has openly stated he does not want to go back and who they would lose for nothing at the end of the season and who they could actually get some money for now?

Or...to put it another way...

"I can afford to hire midgets to clean my house for me, but it doesn't mean I should..."  Wink

I personally think a deal has been done for some time and it will be announced shortly after the 4th Jan...

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 10:48:44 »

This Bantams fan is either incredibly optimistic (yes even by Mr Rose Tinter standards here) or is completely deluded. I'll opt for the latter.

If Bradford are so low on cashflow to make c£80k from ST sales then they really do not have a pot to piss in and/or an owner not serious about automatic.

What is laughable then is the continued "We'll be selling L1 STs at L2 prices" and "when we get promoted..." this god given right to an auto spot by some of their fans. I hope they bloody fail to get auto now. No team in this division has the right to be given an auto spot. Poor attitude from some of theirs, who should know better.

* Screenshot_2019-12-24-10-47-08.png (134.4 KB, 720x1280 - viewed 276 times.)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 11:31:27 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 15:00:16 »

Love reading their forum, 104 pages and still arguing nonstop about Doyles return,  seems as though the tide has turned and the majority now want him back.    Cheap season tickets now on sale,  probably to try to fund the 'Pele's' return.  Can't see that working (Hopefully).

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 16:25:50 »

I doubt they can realise next year's season ticket sales on this year's budget.

And even if they can, why would they? it would knacker next year's budget (or have I missed a sponsorship deal/takeover)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 18:40:50 »

I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert on this but he's contracted to Bradford and whatever we may think, they have the advantage in that respect.

They can absolutely put themselves at risk by recalling him and letting him fester. That's their right as baffling as it would be.

Doyle knows where he wants to be. Bradford do too. I'm just glad he cant play against us in January as that's the day his loan spell ends.

I trust Wellens to replace him.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 19:41:46 »

Que Sera Sera
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: