Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Newport pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 46549 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:45:44 »

Grant doing ok as stand in CB, but we lost him from midfield, that's not helping
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:45:46 »

HT 0-1 poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:49:25 »

If ever there was a game where I could do with the commentary staying off this is it.  Charlie is horrible to listen to.

Horrible game, seems to have been made worse by the wind behind Newport who kick everything long.  The centre back situation is a problem when set against that.  Hopefully they are less effective in the second half into the wind and we can begin to get some posession in their half.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:50:43 »

The stats show Newport have less than 50% passing accuracy which tells you everything about the type of balls they play.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:51:13 »

Dire game to watch.we arent helping ourselves but they are niggly dirty bastards. Officials missing far too much holding,pulling etc. Be a struggle to get something from this I feel. May be effective but fuck watching Newport every week. Fuck all football about their game.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:53:11 »

It's as bad and as effective as Cambridge in the 90's.  If they keep doing well, they aren't going to change.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:55:17 »

Newport are an effective Division 4 team playing a Division 4 style.

We have to change our game plan. Similar games against Northampton and Col U prove we can't play against this style.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 14:56:59 »

LMc made a couple of poor choices for crosses and was at fault for the goal but his distribution has been excellent.

Hunt is having is poorestgame so far, being run inside out by the winger.

Fryers looks like a left back at CB, hes done ok but never looks comfortable.

Iandolo looks under pressure when they attack but has made a few nice runs going forward.

Grant looks ok at CB but hes not winning any headers against a massive striker, we need him in midfield.

Rose played a few loose passes and not his best game but hes not been that bad.

Isgrove has made a few really good runs and had a good shot, looking lively but they are trying to bully him and he has responded with a few fouls himself.

May looks a yard off the pace and his passing is wayward, was not the right player to bring on IMO.

Woolery and yates are both running around a lot but they are getting no service and any balls played to their strengths, both coming back to win balls which leaves them out of position.

Doyle is running his socks off up front, chasing down everything but getting no service from midfield at all.

Changes are needed this half.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:00:05 »

Newport are horrible to watch, they are dirty and nasty, they play only long balls, but it is effective, they are so much like Lincoln last year, difficult to beat but dull as dishwater to watch.

We won't get anything from this if we don't make massive changes.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:01:43 »

0 - 1

Ian (or the Ginger Messi) with a belter of an own goal. Floated from 36yds intended as a back pass to LMc in the 3rd minute. Only for it to get a little more wind under it, float higher and catch the keeper too far off his line. Newport will then allow us to have all the ball and soak it up with a combination of dirty tackles, play acting and parking the proverbial. No one will come out of it looking too great. Except Reg of course. Well, that will be what the history books say.

Well, bar Ian looking pretty good going forward. I wasn't far off on Newport's tactical approach. Unfortunate for Conroy. Might but just me, no doubt I'll get attacked for saying this but has anyone else thought that Wellens put Broadbent in, hoping to put him on for the last 15mins or so? If suitable to do so, just to test the waters? He owned up for chucking him in the other week (when we all know something is a miss) as being wrong. Both he and Broadbent probably shit themselves on 5mins when Conroy's knee went (ACL or similar?).

That's my thought anyhoo. I think he wanted to ease Tom back in but not throw him into an emergency scenario. If and I must reiterate the if, TB is suffering with his mental health then putting him into a match scenario like will not help him right now. Imo.

Don't fucking shoot me! Pew pew!!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:01:48 »

More gamesmanship from Newport trying to get Isgrove booked.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:02:37 »

Matt thumps LMc in the rib as he punches clear.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:03:32 »

Well, bar Ian looking pretty good going forward. I wasn't far off on Newport's tactical approach. Unfortunate for Conroy. Might but just me, no doubt I'll get attacked for saying this but has anyone else thought that Wellens put Broadbent in, hoping to put him on for the last 15mins or so? If suitable to do so, just to test the waters? He owned up for chucking him in the other week (when we all know something is a miss) as being wrong. Both he and Broadbent probably shit themselves on 5mins when Conroy's knee went (ACL or similar?).

That's my thought anyhoo. I think he wanted to ease Tom back in but not throw him into an emergency scenario. If and I must reiterate the if, TB is suffering with his mental health then putting him into a match scenario like will not help him right now. Imo.

Don't fucking shoot me! Pew pew!!
Exactly as my pre match thought suggested they would play too.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:04:07 »

Woolery elbowed in the neck, the ref doesnt give it....terrible reffing.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, September 28, 2019, 15:04:24 »

Some of the worst refereeing I have ever seen.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: