Poll
Question: Should Roberts Start?  (Voting closed: Monday, September 5, 2005, 16:53:54)
Hell Yeah! - 28 (77.8%)
No - 8 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Christian Roberts must start on Saturday thread....  (Read 3284 times)
town ender

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 14:11:14 »

i think that heath should start upfront with nicolau on the left, anyway i'm kind of a fan of roberts and when he's on form he's one of the best players we have, the almost comeback against oldham was largely down to him and o'hanlon's goal against forest came from his cross. i agree with the people that say he's an impact player but he needs about half an hour a game atleast
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 16:18:11 »

Robbo should start with Fallon FACT!
Spud

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 19:53:53 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
Robbo should start with Fallon FACT!

It makes sense  Beers
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 20:36:19 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
But.....who is to say that Cureton wont score 3 Saturday.

Me....

Cureton has looked like scoring all season, where as Roberts has looked like scoring and has actually scored!
When has Cureton looked like scoring this season? :roll:

Typo, should say hasnt....

Roberts is indeed an impact player, so give me the full 90 to make an impact, maybe two impacts....!!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 20:47:01 »

Me....

Cureton has looked like scoring all season, where as Roberts has looked like scoring and has actually scored!

Roberts is indeed an impact player, so give me the full 90 to make an impact, maybe two impacts....!!

Ahh but Thorpe made 3 impacts today, who's to say he won't on Saturday?  I'm a fan of both players, and would like to see both on the pitch, as well as Fallon.  

Roberts is a carrying a bit of weight, moody and often appears disinterested.

Thorpe is fit as...  :fag:  (but moody and often appears disinterested)

I'm going to start a Tony Thorpe Appreciation Society.  Who's with me?

*TUMBLEWEED*
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 20:59:37 »

I wouldn't mind seeing Thorpe start with Fallon, a hat trick is a hat trick and it's damn good whoever you're playing against.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 20:59:42 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

Me....

Ahh but Thorpe made 3 impacts today, who's to say he won't on Saturday?  I'm a fan of both players, and would like to see both on the pitch, as well as Fallon.  

Roberts is a carrying a bit of weight, moody and often appears disinterested.

Thorpe is fit as...  :fag:  (but moody and often appears disinterested)

I'm going to start a Tony Thorpe Appreciation Society.  Who's with me?

*TUMBLEWEED*

Three Impacts, against Bournemouth RESERVES.

Say what you like about Thorpe, but he is a finisher, he isnt a creator he is a finisher.

Thorpe wont drift out wide pick up the ball and run at defenders, Thorpe wont skin a few players and cross a ball onto Fallons head. Thopre will not scare defences.

Roberts has the pace and ability to really scare defenders by running at, he can cross a ball damn well and is capable of beating a few players.

You have to remember created chances has been our main problem and I dont see how starting Thorpe will help us attack and create more chances.

Roberts has only appeared disinterested against Wycombe this season, as did Ttony Thorpe

Plus, the crowd loves Roberts, we chant his name when he isnt on the pitch, when hes stripping off in the dugout, as he is coming onto the pitch, when he is on the pitch and when he has the ball. He just lifts the crowd, which then spurs the team on. No one chants for Tony Thorpe, he doesnt raise the roof he doesnt fill the crowd with the anticaption Roberts does
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: