Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cookies Button not working  (Read 3121 times)
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 18:41:23 »

Originally posted on Ticket Thread, problem pissing me off still so thought I would stick it in the Computer & Technology section....

Season Ticket arrived today, seem to have got registered OK, linked to original account OK and managed to buy the Carlisle ticket for my lad (who hasn't renewed his ST - splitter!)

BUT - I did have a problem getting the ticket on the site when using Edge that perhaps someone can help with.

The Cookies accept bar/button was running across the bottom of the screen as usual, but wouldn't allow me to accept cookies (or do anything) so the bar wouldn't fuck off.  The problem was this was sitting on top of the "Confirm Purchase" or whatever button, so as I couldn't accept the cookies or get the message to fuck off, it was stopping me completing the purchase. Hmmm

Logged out - logged into Chrome and hey presto, no problems, all good, tix bought and paid for. Smiley

So - anyone know WTF is going on that I cannot accept cookies in Edge.  This has happened on other sites (not all, just some) when using Edge and is starting to piss me off.  Obvious answer is don't use edge but it is now a bit of a challenge for me to sort it...

No one kills a thread like me....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 18:42:55 »

Edge is the issue. More specifically Microsoft. Chrome or firefox are much better and quicker.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 18:44:17 »

As above.

+1 for Firefox.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 21:39:38 »

My youngest who is something of an IT whizz has been saying "Go Chrome" for about three years.  This is the final straw - Chrome now set at default - thanks all...

No one kills a thread like me....
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 1, 2019, 21:46:17 »

Dont get too excited about chrome, all of the main 3 or 4 browsers have issues with certain sites, bloody minefield.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 07:22:23 »

Yep chrome can be a nightmare at times. Some websites still use flash, which isn't good, but chrome blocks it. Frustrating.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 10:34:08 »

Yep chrome can be a nightmare at times. Some websites still use flash, which isn't good, but chrome blocks it. Frustrating.
Websites that still use Flash deserve to die in obscurity.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 11:06:32 »

Edge is shite, Chrome is OK but basically legalised spyware.

Use firefox.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:03:24 »

Websites that still use Flash deserve to die in obscurity.

I know. A lot of education sites, including exam boards, use flash. Really is bad.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 2, 2019, 14:40:21 »

Edge is shite, Chrome is OK but basically legalised spyware.

Use firefox.

I've been using the dev version of the Chromium based Edge for a few months and it's actually pretty good. Less RAM hungry than Google Chrome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: