Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GlassesDirect.Com  (Read 5696 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 12:48:47 »

Anyone used them? Need a new pair and looking at using these guys to get a pair of glasses and prescription sunnies for nearly half the price of a single pair were i to go on the high street.

They Google reviews are very poor. Out of 30 odd reviews pretty much all of them are 1 or 2 stars but the trust pilot reviews are most favorable.

I miss my prescription sunnies, means i can perv admire birds incognito :-)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 12:52:09 »

Used them years and years ago, so could have gone wrong since but they used to do the job well enough.

Aren't they based in Cricklade or something super local like that?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:05:34 »

Used them years and years ago, so could have gone wrong since but they used to do the job well enough.

Aren't they based in Cricklade or something super local like that?

They are actually in Swindon. Groundwell i think.

Cheers Nemo
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:08:08 »

Daughter used them while at uni.
Her recommendations got the mrs to use them. Not had any issues either if them.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:10:34 »

I've used Mister Spex a few times, no problems at all apart from them using DHL who are very poor at what they do.

Ordered about 5 pairs to try last time I used them last autumn, chose the ones I liked and sent the others back.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:14:20 »

I would check their returns policy. Cannot beat actually trying a pair on.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:16:09 »

They (used to?) have a try the frames at home thing where you could order 4 pairs to try at home with clear lenses, then send them back to have the pair you wanted given proper lenses.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:24:42 »

I have used them and they were good, can try 5 pairs before you buy (not all ranges but most)

Ordering is a bit of a balls ache if you have your prescription already, but they are ok once you get past that point.

I have used numerous other online services and they are all pretty much the same.  When I returned my frames I dropped them down, much easier.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 13:28:52 »

They do a free home trial so you can pick 4 pairs at a time to try on. I have a fat head so would never buy frames without trying them on.  :-)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 19, 2019, 17:39:35 »

Regular user of Glasses Direct, and bar one replacement pair of glasses that I could get to sit right for love nor money, only ever had good experiences.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 20, 2019, 22:30:59 »

I work for DHL and the quantity we pick up on a daily basis from Glasses Direct seems to steadily increase, so must be a good business with the guaranteed next working day delivery.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 28, 2019, 12:44:00 »

Chubbs, just ordered some glasses for my Mrs using Glasses Direct, I got her £30 off by recommending her.

If you decide to use them and haven't already, let me know and tell me your email address and I will get an email sent over to you for a £30 off voucher.

Just thought I would try to catch before you order Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 29, 2019, 16:08:56 »

Chubbs, just ordered some glasses for my Mrs using Glasses Direct, I got her £30 off by recommending her.

If you decide to use them and haven't already, let me know and tell me your email address and I will get an email sent over to you for a £30 off voucher.

Just thought I would try to catch before you order Wink

Too late for me im afraid but the missus is looking to order some so if the offer still stands, ill PM you my email address.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 20:53:06 »

Done

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 22, 2019, 13:16:25 »

Would recommend, but i wish their customer service dept was a little more professional and easy to get hold of.
The glasses them selves are spot on and managed to save myself well over £100 on what i would normally spend and got a pair of prescription sunny's too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: