Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 2070 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 13, 2019, 22:20:28 »

Why can a spider wander around on a vertical smooth tiled wall without any problems but can't make it up a sloped side of a bath tub?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 09:56:51 »

They require some coarseness (however minute) on the surface, to enable grip, and I’m guessing this is less likely on the bath due to the frequency of contact with water. I might be wrong. I don’t know how often you have a bath for a start!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 10:15:48 »

Why can a spider wander around on a vertical smooth tiled wall without any problems but can't make it up a sloped side of a bath tub?

Only thing I can think of is on the tiled surface it is actually using a silk thread you cannot see. Whereas in the bath it is as likely as not that it has fallen in without laying down a thread to use as a stabilising/climbing aid.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 11:42:08 »

Cheers. That all makes sense. 

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 12:40:11 »

There is also the grouting on tiling, which is coarse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: