Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lugholes  (Read 4888 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 08:50:09 »

My hearing is crap, I don't have a wax build up but I think my inner ears (eustachian tubes) are stuffy. Anyone got a remedy for this? I don't want an ear trumpet  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:16:22 »

I have had tinnitus since 1990 when Gary Glitter blasted out my ear drums at a gig when I was stood a little close to a speaker and I lost all hearing for nearly 2 weeks, have had low hearing ever since and a constant whiney noise. I have no earwax produced at all and haven't for years so syringing is of zero benefit.

If my ears pop going up a hill etc then I have perfect hearing for a few seconds until it returns.

As for a solution....the hearing docs at the hospital say the only solution is a hearing aid in both ears, which I am not ready for just yet!

Sorry.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:19:27 »

I have had tinnitus since 1990 when Gary Glitter blasted out my ear drums

Think yourself lucky it was just your ear drums....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:19:35 »

Same as me,  other half always complaining I have the tv turned up too loud.   Went to the quacks and am now waiting for an ear trumpet,   although must admit they are so small these days  they are almost unnoticeable.   Trouble is,  my  days of selective hearing will probably have to stop once it arrives.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:24:51 »

Think yourself lucky it was just your ear drums....
TBF he was brilliant live, I am no fan but his show was one of the best acts I have seen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:43:01 »

I thought this was going to be a thread about curated ears... where 4D show she's down with the kids...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/jul/03/curated-ear-why-delicate-decorative-piercings-are-the-new-tattoos

I was chatting to a young thing on Sat, with a bit of scaffolding around the lug, at first I thought it was a hearing aid.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:50:59 »

I thought this was going to be a thread about curated ears... where 4D show she's down with the kids...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/jul/03/curated-ear-why-delicate-decorative-piercings-are-the-new-tattoos

I was chatting to a young thing on Sat, with a bit of scaffolding around the lug, at first I thought it was a hearing aid.

Did she pretend it wasn't working?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 09:56:26 »

Did she pretend it wasn't working?

Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:13:02 »

where 4D show she's down with the kids

Huh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 10:26:42 »

Huh?

Oops....drop the s.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:42:43 »

Get em syringed.  Bad news is that the NHS have had funding withdrawn for this.  So its been thrown out to the private sector and now your best bet is to go to specsavers as they have hearing departments and will do ear syringing for about £30.

Doctors will just tell you they cant do anything, stick olive oil in your ear and it will eventually go.

Never knowingly overstated.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:52:32 »

Wax isn't a problem (at the moment), it's the tubes in my head below the ear drum.  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 11:57:55 »

Do you suffer from hayfever? An antihistamine nasal spray will help unblock things as your ears and nose are connected.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:05:10 »

I don't tend to suffer from hayfever symptoms like itchy eyes and sneezing, but I do feel stuffed up a lot of the time. 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 12:11:29 »

I don't tend to suffer from hayfever symptoms like itchy eyes and sneezing, but I do feel stuffed up a lot of the time. 

That's the same as me. I'm currently experiencing spells of minor imbalance due to blockages in the ear (not wax) and the nasal spray has helped a little with that, but loads to help me breathe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: