Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last minute holidays  (Read 2950 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 08:40:28 »

We've got a week off last week of August and were just going to look at going down to devon/cornwall for a few days.

I've just been told i'll be getting a bonus in next months pay and although i don't want to blow it all on a holiday abroad, i was wondering at what point is the best time to pick up a last minute bargain, if that's even possible these days.

Destination is not that important, as long as there is sun sea and sand and stuff to keep the kids busy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 08:42:50 »

Don't even know if there are such things anymore. Your best bet would be a high street branch a few days before. If you are prepared to move quick, ie the next day, am sure you could grab something.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 08:45:08 »

Don't even know if there are such things anymore. Your best bet would be a high street branch a few days before. If you are prepared to move quick, ie the next day, am sure you could grab something.

I know back in the day, you could walk past lunn polly and there would be notices in the window for All Inclusive holidays for like £300 quid for a family of 4. I know there is no chance of that these days but if i can pick something up for under £1000 i'd be happy.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 09:05:07 »

Devon Valley is a pretty reasonable place, especially if taking kids.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 09:41:00 »

I'd prefer the Devon/Cornwall option myself. My brother went to Lanzarote today and got a late deal at the travel agents over west Swindon centre. They seem to do good deals.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 09:43:35 »

West Wales is good. Loads of beaches, not as busy, plenty of kids stuff to do.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 10:02:36 »

I'm more than happy with a UK holiday but as we all know, We just can't predict the weather.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 10:14:03 »

Holiday Pirates is a great website for bargains

Sent from my Mi A1
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 16:26:47 »

West Wales is good. Loads of beaches, not as busy, plenty of kids stuff to do.

Pembrokeshire Coast. Somewhere like Broadhaven, Bosherston or Barafundle if the kids don't mind a bit of walking. Superb. Manorbier as well.

Or Freshwater West if they are into Harry Potter or are up for a bit of surfing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 28, 2019, 17:06:37 »

Amen. And they have folly farm, tenby...loads of stuff to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: