Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kyle Knoyle  (Read 16445 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:23:15 »

I don’t think it’s massively unrealistic to think our offer was financially similar to Cambridge, but Knoyle prefered the shorter commute / not working with Wellens

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:24:32 »

I may have deduced, hence the    to get to the assumption, but I'll continue to hold it, until such time as someone like yourself Venkman or Horlock can provide me with evidence, that Knoyle chose to leave us on the back of being offered less money by Cambridge.
I wasn't claiming he did. I objected to your presenting an assumption as something we could deduce from the newspaper article you quoted. Facts, Reg, facts.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:33:09 »

A Cambridge fan has said they have a reduced budget from last season and also have financial difficulties.

I’ll stick to my theory that Wellens wasn’t that fussed about him staying and, tbf, although he said he was a good one on one defender he didn’t provide any assists when he got in good positions - an accusation that could be levied at most of them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:33:30 »

I wasn't claiming he did. I objected to your presenting an assumption as something we could deduce from the newspaper article you quoted. Facts, Reg, facts.

So you're happy with the assumption that Cambridge will have offered more.  I don't really see why that is so controversial a view, happens all the time in football, a club want a player so offer a bit more to get them.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:36:55 »

Oh, fuck off
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:41:51 »

So you're happy with the assumption that Cambridge will have offered more. 
Jesus wept. I've made no judgement either way on your assumption. FWIW, I think it may be valid, it may not. What wasn't valid was your presenting an assumption, however reasonable, as a viable deduction from known facts. It's this kind of playground sophistry that badly undermines much of your analysis and your oft-stated claim to only deal in *facts*. Clear enough?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:51:53 »

I may have deduced, hence the    to get to the assumption, but I'll continue to hold it, until such time as someone like yourself Venkman or Horlock can provide me with evidence, that Knoyle chose to leave us on the back of being offered less money by Cambridge.... not expecting pay slips or owt like that, just what we know and common sense will do.

So your argument is that you present something as fact (when its nothing of the sort) and its up to others to provide factual evidence that your, at best, assumption is not fact.

You tried to play bobby big bollocks by making a statement to serve your boring narrative as a fact, you have been found out that it was nothing of the sort, but instead of admitting it you are just spinning semantic bollocks further and further like a pretty dreadful tory politician!

Christ I hope no one ever has to look up and see you sat on a jury!
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:54:29 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:53:14 »

Jesus wept. I've made no judgement either way on your assumption. FWIW, I think it may be valid, it may not. What wasn't valid was your presenting an assumption, however reasonable, as a viable deduction from known facts. It's this kind of playground sophistry that badly undermines much of your analysis and your oft-stated claim to only deal in *facts*. Clear enough?

I'm not asking for judgement on my assumption, rather what is your assumption on the Knoyle situation?  It may coincide with mine, it may not.  This is a football forum, what constitutes a fact in a philosophical sense is hard to arrive at in any given sphere of thought. 

Often when I present something based on statistical analysis, it is historical, and will always carry the proviso that history doesn't always repeat itself, hence we're talking about tendencies.  Tendencies shouldn't be conflated with facts.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:53:44 »

It's an attempt to shift the burden of proof.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 11:59:09 »

It's an attempt to shift the burden of proof.

Its like having our own little Jacob Rees-Mogg, gets caught out and instead of just admitting it attempts to muddy the waters by using evermore long words to say very little, I am expecting some Latin to be thrown in next.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:05:17 »

So your argument is that you present something as fact (when its nothing of the sort) and its up to others to provide factual evidence that your, at best, assumption is not fact.

You tried to play bobby big bollocks by making a statement to serve your boring narrative as a fact, you have been found out that it was nothing of the sort, but instead of admitting it you are just spinning semantic bollocks further and further like a pretty dreadful tory politician!

Christ I hope no one ever has to look up and see you sat on a jury!

I've acknowledged my interpretation is an assumption... I think reasonable. In the spirit of debate, I've asked for a counter argument, not based on epistomology... again I think reasonable.

I don't have a "narrative" other than being a Town fan, and looking at what is going at our club. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:07:06 »

This is a football forum, what constitutes a fact in a philosophical sense is hard to arrive at in any given sphere of thought.  
It really isn't. For a man who's proud boast is "I deal in facts", you're looking increasingly like a Farage/Trump-style "post-truth"-er. Please stop trying to pass off your opinion and guesswork as facts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:22:43 »

It really isn't. For a man who's proud boast is "I deal in facts", you're looking increasingly like a Farage/Trump-style "post-truth"-er. Please stop trying to pass off your opinion and guesswork as facts.

I always try to append I assume or I guess etc to what might be considered an opinion, in posts which are not stone cold stats situations. 

However, there will always be those who take issue with the interpretation of seemingly incontrovertible facts. By way of example, every season since Power has owned 2 clubs we've achieved a lower league position, that is a fact.

The interpretation of the significance of that fact is a matter of opinion.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:30:51 »

Its like having our own little Jacob Rees-Mogg, gets caught out and instead of just admitting it attempts to muddy the waters by using evermore long words to say very little, I am expecting some Latin to be thrown in next.
Caveat Emptor.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 6, 2019, 12:38:12 »

Some of you need to get laid..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: