Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Budget  (Read 12049 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 08:34:12 »

So how does that compare to our last set of published accounts? I would also venture to suggest that our general overheads (excluding the player budget) are more than theirs. If I am correct there, it may mean that once we own the ground we lose the rent to the council which in turn could be then put into the playing budget?
It's hard to tell as we don't publish turnover or salary costs. Presumably our gate receipts would be over £2m as our gates are double and more than FGR.

Football Revenue/Solidarity payments are going to be fairly confident unless you pick up TV appearances or a cup run.

Agree our overheads including rent are higher.

I guess we don't know what has been spent on the training ground and CG purchase that are passed back to the club. Those costs are outside the salary cap and could be covered by director loans.

It would suggest there is a funding gap of maybe £1.5 to £2m if you want a £3.5m playing budget.

Sent from my HTC U11
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 08:41:03 »

Then there’s interest paid on any loans. The % Power didn’t know was being charged!
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 08:52:51 »

You should watch the interview, it's very interesting,

Where can one find it?
Panda Paws

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:01:55 »

Where can one find it?

On the official site. Might be behind the paywall, can't remember.
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:07:29 »

Got it, thanks. There's no paywall.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 09:25:48 »

Yes, but RW is very clear in that he watches players first, or takes cues from performances against us, and then goes deeper on Wyscout, as opposed to your suggestion that they scour a scouting platform then go watch them. Online video databases are not the best place to start, as you miss the context of the game, but can inform further opinion, according to RW.

You should watch the interview, it's very interesting, although it's up to you which parts of it you believe.

Fair enough but my OP was in response to Reading's query about how we do scouting, at which I suggested, as seems to be the case we use an online database... further at some point presumably either before as you say or, after or both Chorley takes a look.

I'd like to think, we still scout by old skool methods of the scout, watching games in the middle of nowhere on a wet Wednesday, probably on the back of a hunch from the tea lady or similar.... sort of methods that got us the likes of Colin Gordon, Jimmy Quinn, if not quite Charlie Austin.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 11:45:59 »

....either before as you say or, after or both .......
Hedging your bets again Reg? Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 12:57:49 »

Hedging your bets again Reg? Cool

No took on board the point that PP made about presumably Chorley, looking at players before using the database, and adjusted accordingly.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 14:36:30 »

Last set of FGR accounts 2017/8.

Turnover £4.9m made up of
Match day revenue £1m (up from £657k)
Advertising and Sponsorship £2.43m (up from £961k)
Other Football revenue £1.25m (up from £198k

Also £650k of share capital injected.

Salaries £3.42m and a profit of £422k compared to £2.16m loss.

Not sure many clubs outside the Championship would get sponsorship over £1m a season. Presumably, football revenue is the solidarity payments. Shows how you can put that sort of budget together.
So of that £3 million of the turnover is effectively from the owner as the sponsorship will be Ecotricity which is his company. That 'profit' is more like a £2.6m loss so operating way beyond their means, doubt they'll exist in 10 years time much like R&D.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 16:39:18 »

So of that £3 million of the turnover is effectively from the owner as the sponsorship will be Ecotricity which is his company. That 'profit' is more like a £2.6m loss so operating way beyond their means, doubt they'll exist in 10 years time much like R&D.
Yeah, if Dale Vince does an Andrew Black and loses interest then they would be in trouble. FGR were heading out of the Conference before he took over.

I guess at the moment owning FGR and the link to Ecotricity suits his agenda especially with his old Eco warrior friends in the news all the time.

He hasn't got his way on the new stadium yet which might grow the supporter base but look at small clubs like Yeovil and Burton who made it to the Championship. They didn't increase their support long term and the gates fell away.

Sent from my HTC U11
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 17:02:42 »

Yeah, if Dale Vince does an Andrew Black and loses interest then they would be in trouble. FGR were heading out of the Conference before he took over.

I guess at the moment owning FGR and the link to Ecotricity suits his agenda especially with his old Eco warrior friends in the news all the time.

He hasn't got his way on the new stadium yet which might grow the supporter base but look at small clubs like Yeovil and Burton who made it to the Championship. They didn't increase their support long term and the gates fell away.

Sent from my HTC U11

Well look at it this way. If sponsorship is their driver,then they ought to eventually go places. However, even that business model will have a ceiling. My best guess is Championship. That will probably take about 5-10 years all told if successful. If not it is back to the NL or bumbling around the basement of the EFL, no shame in that is there P a u l?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: