Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doughty doubts  (Read 10548 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 13:48:40 »

It was? Where? When?

So the quote should be "as I originally stated"

I do think it is fair to assume a small reduction - if we are truly spending to the limit allowed as a % of turnover in this division.  Unless we have alternative revenue coming, the attendances will be slightly down.  I suppose Power could add some money on the investment side and maybe add some optimism into the attendance numbers - the recent form won;t help that.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 14:54:40 »

I do think it is fair to assume a small reduction - if we are truly spending to the limit allowed as a % of turnover in this division.  Unless we have alternative revenue coming, the attendances will be slightly down.  I suppose Power could add some money on the investment side and maybe add some optimism into the attendance numbers - the recent form won;t help that.
I think you could be right, season ticket sales will be down, especially with the company that providing the finance for season tickets getting into trouble themselves so there is no longer an option for spreading the cost over 10 months.
As for the investment I think this guy from Axis who has been doing all of the work on buying the ground may be pumping money in to fund the purchase and maybe even some of the money for the training ground, but that is just my opinion, as soon as the ground goes through then Power may sell it to him.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 16:57:03 »

I’d also taken the appointment of Wellens as a sign of a move towards cheaper options and there is the small matter of Power coming to terms with the fact that he isn’t going to get any money for the outgoing goalie that he shelled out for a while back. I’d love to think we’ll see an increase in the budget to give us a better chance of success but see no reason to believe that will be the case. The sale of Doughty could bring in some dosh and relieve Wellens of a player that he may not ultimately “trust”, to quote his Whaddon Road post-mortem.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 29, 2019, 17:01:01 by sir windon » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: