Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your personal Town record this season  (Read 15654 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:20:15 »

What a load has beens this forum contains nowadays eh! Loads of old regulars no longer going or very infrequently it appears. Not been to a game for 2 seasons myself and I have no opinion on football matters for that reason. Fair play to those that still go I suppose. If you enjoy it then that's what it should be about.

I think most forums are similar these days. In someways it’s a fairly archaic forum of internet communication & has been over taken by social media like Facebook & Twitter.

I mean now a days who would specifically search for a Swindon Town fans forum & sign up when they can find all the news they want & talk to other fans via Facebook & Twitter which they can (and most likely do) use for a variety of different things / interests.

I’m guessing that a lot of us signed up 10-15 years ago in our late teens / early 20s putting most of us in our 30s now. Also making the assumption in that time a few, if not most of us have gone from single students to career driven, mortgaged, married family men with children. Life changes & priorities change.

It would be interesting to see the forum demographic for ages. I signed up on the original ThisIs at 18 and there seemed to be a lot of people in that 18-22 age bracket. I imagine now 30-35 is the more populated age bracket.

No doubt there will be a few younger members on here...but...we certainly don’t see any drunken Uni rambles like we used to.

tl;dr

We’re all old now.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:22:27 »

I've only attended all the home games, I don't do away.

ust be the oldest
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:33:27 »

I think most forums are similar these days. In someways it’s a fairly archaic forum of internet communication & has been over taken by social media like Facebook & Twitter.

I mean now a days who would specifically search for a Swindon Town fans forum & sign up when they can find all the news they want & talk to other fans via Facebook & Twitter which they can (and most likely do) use for a variety of different things / interests.

I’m guessing that a lot of us signed up 10-15 years ago in our late teens / early 20s putting most of us in our 30s now. Also making the assumption in that time a few, if not most of us have gone from single students to career driven, mortgaged, married family men with children. Life changes & priorities change.

It would be interesting to see the forum demographic for ages. I signed up on the original ThisIs at 18 and there seemed to be a lot of people in that 18-22 age bracket. I imagine now 30-35 is the more populated age bracket.

No doubt there will be a few younger members on here...but...we certainly don’t see any drunken Uni rambles like we used to.

tl;dr

We’re all old now.

All very true.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:35:17 »

Already done DV..

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57252.0
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:40:09 »

26-40 is a quite a big bracket but does back up what I said.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 14:44:20 »

tl;dr

We’re all old now.

Good points and agree.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 15:38:23 »

I think most have migrated from various forums to here, I signed up to one mid 90's when I was at Uni, cannot remember for the life of me what it was called, then there was the shift as a refugee to MOS when that went tits up and then migrated here for some reason I don't recall.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 15:44:47 »

majordomo email list->yahoo, stfc fanny forum, rivals (mos) + the thing that tried to continue mos, l&p forum, TEF

edit:this, FB groups, Twitter, Instagram.

I didn't start the fire...
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 15:57:45 »

I ended up here from the adver forum. I forget what it was called (thisisSTFC?). The TEF was a breakaway because of the rampaging negativity there.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 17:06:29 »

I started on MOS.  That was fun.  And fleetingly on the Adver forum, but not much.  I think I was 'Ardiles' on all of them.

There was also The Unofficial Mike Diamandis Fan Club (TUMDFC).
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 17:55:46 »

There was also The Unofficial Mike Diamandis Fan Club (TUMDFC).

Ah, nostalgia.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 18:14:09 »

4 Wins and a draw.... Promotion form when we turn up or just lucky tbf
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 19:58:40 »

this thread is horrific for me Sad

W: 2
L: 5
D: 8

DISGUSTING!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 20:03:24 »

Every home game for me bar Morecambe & any FLT ties along with Northampton & Newport away.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 20:03:51 »

Ah, nostalgia.

Didnt you get the knock from the old bill over that
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: