Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The *positive* ground purchase thread.  (Read 13893 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:46:09 »

Anyway, it must be a good thing as even the piss stains are envious

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/scum-their-stadium.1974/#post-125038

The old Manor, is a classic example of how an owner of both club and ground, can shaft the fans if you're not careful. Kassam made about 6mill out of that and relocating to a flat pack near a sewerage works.

At the time he was seen by many as a white knight and duly awarded an honorary degree for community service in saving the club.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:50:49 »

Ha I'd forgotten all about Oxford. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 12:52:31 »

It reminds me of this....

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:07:24 »

Im excited at just the thought of something might happen it terms of re-development.

I touched on the town end re-build in the *negative* thread. Can anyone find a link to the article which discussed this. I have tried but can't. I'm sure it mentioned a pioneering unique build

You may be thinking of the bit in Section 5 of the Trust's FAQs:
http://truststfc.tv/trust-faqs/
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:39:32 »

Maybe the various groups could form a consultancy and charge the piss stains a huge fee to show them how to do it properly.  That money could go towards our £2.2M target.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:45:30 »

I think the trust's target is 1.1M. Power is paying for the other half.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:47:37 »

I think the pavilion is listed.
There might have been talk of having to move it when rotating the CG footprint was last mooted.
There was and it can be. There's also the issue of finding a suitable site for the cricket club to relocate to if the idea is to completely move them off the County Ground, as opposed to move them within it.
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:50:40 »

We also need to make sure Power/Morfuni et al are well aware of the need for lasers, moats and portcullises.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 13:55:44 »

Quote from: Flashheart
We also need to make sure Power/Morfuni et al are well aware of the need for lasers, moats and portcullises.

sharks with lasers, in the moat
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:03:56 »

Yeah, but the sharks might eat the fans and lead to the demise of the club.... (Am i getting the need to see disaster in everything correct?) 
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:08:40 »

Yeah, but the sharks might eat the fans and lead to the demise of the club.... (Am i getting the need to see disaster in everything correct?) 
& the moat would become an ideal habitat for great crested newts. It wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:14:56 »

We need a cantilevered away end so that it can be raised up and Pox fans tipped into the moat directly.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:15:25 »

Won't somebody please think of the poor ballboys?!   Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:19:49 »

You may be thinking of the bit in Section 5 of the Trust's FAQs:
http://truststfc.tv/trust-faqs/

yes it was thanks. it was what caught my eye first time around. as stated this is phase 2 after the important and hard bit of the purchase. but still exciting.

5.2 What is this new Town end all about – what is it and why does it cost so much?

The new Town End would be a unique one, first in the UK, a showcase for other stadiums, more than seats and a roof. The company behind this have been down to see the County Ground and meet us, they are well respected and Independently funded, and they have Swindon as first choice. Can’t say much more as we have signed an NDA, but as Town fans we are very excited about the prospect, and hope it comes off regardless of the outcome.

It’s much more expensive than a usual stand because it would be the first of it’s kind in the UK, and would be multi-purpose. The developer would own and operate for the payback period – suggested as 10 years, based on their business plan. The football club would continue to receive the ticket revenue for the matches played during this time.

At the end of this period ownership would revert back to the stadium owner (Trust or Council or Club) and the developer would maintain a minority stake in future income generated.

This would be a massive investment into our Town, and could bring some great publicity too. We must however dig into the detail, and at the moment we cannot, as we do not yet own the stadium.

Keep in mind that this is PHASE 2 work, ownership of the stadium needs to be concluded one way or another, and further due diligence is definitely required. The devil is in the detail.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 14:27:01 »

We need a cantilevered away end so that it can be raised up and Pox fans tipped into the moat directly.

Won't that upset the home owners on Shrivvy Road....   Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: