Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444314 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 15:21:13 »

Game suspended again
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 15:46:40 »

This is getting very silly now.

I know they (EFL, club) want to find a resolution. I know there are procedures to follow. But delaying 3 league games should surely be a massive penalty if they survive. IF. Relegation should be a certainty.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 16:01:47 »

Can't beat Orla Guerin as the go to for keeping half an eye on incoming shell fire when delivering a news report.

wrong thread.

should be on the birds you would but really shouldn't
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 17:00:25 »

wrong thread.

should be on the birds you would but really shouldn't

Only met her the once. I was a steward at Swindon at the time of Princess Diana's funeral. Football clubs provided a lot of the stewards on the day. I was looking after the area occupied by the TV studios overlooking Buckingham Palace by Canada Gate. It was my turn for a break when the Gun Carriage past the Palace. Kate Adie and I watched the proceedings from the roof of a Land Rover.  I had my own commentary from Kate Adie!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 08:57:15 »

Only met her the once. I was a steward at Swindon at the time of Princess Diana's funeral. Football clubs provided a lot of the stewards on the day. I was looking after the area occupied by the TV studios overlooking Buckingham Palace by Canada Gate. It was my turn for a break when the Gun Carriage past the Palace. Kate Adie and I watched the proceedings from the roof of a Land Rover.  I had my own commentary from Kate Adie!

To go off thread a bit, my BiL was an armed copper at the time in Northants and thus was guarding the Althorp Estate on the day to keep the press etc out. His mobile went off mid patrol and he thought 'oh shit here we go', transpires it was only the gamekeeper of the estate who was a friend of his asking him to feed the pheasants as the police wouldn't let him on the estate.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 09:50:38 »

To go off thread a bit, my BiL was an armed copper at the time in Northants and thus was guarding the Althorp Estate on the day to keep the press etc out. His mobile went off mid patrol and he thought 'oh shit here we go', transpires it was only the gamekeeper of the estate who was a friend of his asking him to feed the pheasants as the police wouldn't let him on the estate.

In the excitement could he have misheard and what was actually said was 'feed the peasants'? So the serfs would have gone hungry on the big day.

Back on thread I'm assuming that Sheffield Wednesday will get a bye if Bury are turfed out. This can't drag on beyond the next deadline.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 10:43:20 »

Back on thread I'm assuming that Sheffield Wednesday will get a bye if Bury are turfed out. This can't drag on beyond the next deadline.

Who knows, the way its going with the FL I can see Bury having to play 3-4 games a week come April and May to catch up, it will be like the good old days when I used to play shite Sunday pub football when crap pitches and massive winter postponements made Spring mental!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 11:59:30 »

Maccelsfield have now had 4 winding up orders against them, the latest which was due to not paying former players was dismissed as the players were paid the day before it was due back in court but it has been taken on by HMRC now.

Surely the FL is not going to allow them to to keep having winding up petitions and not paying their creditors until they are due back in court.

Its about time the FL grew some balls and sorted this out.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 12:32:20 »

Sad as it is there need to be examples made.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 12:49:50 »

Sad as it is there need to be examples made.

There will be, its just the FL biding their time until we are in that position again and then something will be done!  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 17:03:25 »

Maccelsfield have now had 4 winding up orders against them, the latest which was due to not paying former players was dismissed as the players were paid the day before it was due back in court but it has been taken on by HMRC now.

Surely the FL is not going to allow them to to keep having winding up petitions and not paying their creditors until they are due back in court.
Why not? They did with us and many clubs since. We could yet find ourselves back in that position, be careful what you wish for.

In other news Bassini's injunction against the Bolton sale has been shunted into the sidings so their sale should now be able to proceed. Christ knows what will emerge from the wreckage buy at least they can start to see how bad the damage is. Bury keep dangling by their finger tips
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Thursday, August 15, 2019, 05:10:14 »

Why not? They did with us and many clubs since. We could yet find ourselves back in that position, be careful what you wish for
Exactly. I keep seeing people saying other clubs shouldn't be getting away with this and that, forgetting that we have been in similar circumstances many times over the last 20 years and beyond. I think, for the fans at least, it is sad to see what is going on with a lot of clubs at the moment and what makes it worse is the obscene amount of money sloshing about in the troughs of the big (and not so big) clubs in the top division and ludicrous transfer fees paid for (and salaries paid to) bang average players.

I wouldn't like to see any club go to the wall or be expelled from the League (with the exception of MK and possibly Salford and Bournemouth).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Thursday, August 15, 2019, 08:50:20 »

I wouldn't like to see any club go to the wall or be expelled from the League (with the exception of MK and possibly Salford and Bournemouth).

I don't really get the Salford hate, it all seems very hypocritical for fans to hate other clubs for doing what they would happily accept their club doing if it were possible.

We would be knocking one out silly if a consortium of former club players with links to Swindon bought Power out and started pouring cash into the club, accusing anyone complaining of being bitter, its little different to the Black years! 
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Thursday, August 15, 2019, 10:42:49 »

I don't really get the Salford hate, it all seems very hypocritical for fans to hate other clubs for doing what they would happily accept their club doing if it were possible.

We would be knocking one out silly if a consortium of former club players with links to Swindon bought Power out and started pouring cash into the club, accusing anyone complaining of being bitter, its little different to the Black years! 
I agree. I'm just jealous ☺

It's not so much the money, it's the media gushing over them that annoys me.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Thursday, August 15, 2019, 11:08:40 »

In other news Bassini's injunction against the Bolton sale has been shunted into the sidings so their sale should now be able to proceed. Christ knows what will emerge from the wreckage buy at least they can start to see how bad the damage is. Bury keep dangling by their finger tips

Problem is, whilst it has been adjourned it hasn't been dismissed, a lot depends on the confidence of Football Ventures to proceed with a purchase that could be challenged should Bassini be successful next month!

This makes interesting reading https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17838841.bolton-wanderers-happy-see-injunction-go-extra-time/

Looks like the Bassini deal was funded by cash coming from one of the Dildo brothers, thought you could not hold stakes in more than one club?

Oh and they have lost another senior player, I wonder if this ruling will open the gates wider!
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17838844.erhun-oztumer-quits-bolton-wanderers-winning-appeal/
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: