Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 27315 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 12:16:42 »

Grim.

But in another way maybe the best of a bad situation if the body(s) can be recovered.
Absolutely, give the family closure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 18:23:41 »

Absolutely fucking shocking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47146614

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 18:27:50 »

As much as I dislike them you can't blame Cardiff, he's not officially been found yet and there's still an investigation underway so of course you aren't going to pay yet. If legal action is really being threatened then it's poor all round.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 18:30:56 »

As much as I dislike them you can't blame Cardiff, he's not officially been found yet and there's still an investigation underway so of course you aren't going to pay yet. If legal action is really being threatened then it's poor all round.

It just seems massively disrespectful by both parties, so soon after the event and still with no body found.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 18:33:26 »

yeah the timing sucks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 19:09:06 »

It’s a ‘BBC understands’ story, isn’t it? Therefore it’s only leaked because somebody wanted it public.

Cleary it shouldn’t have made the public domain just yet but I dare say that the question was raised as soon as it was confirmed that Sala was onboard that flight.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 20:44:33 by Costanza » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 20:19:30 »

Taking the emotion out of it what difference does it make if they haven’t found the body yet? Cardiff owe Nantes the transfer fee, end of.

Sounds harsh and not suggesting Cardiff are trying to pull a fast one but a deal’s a deal with regard to financial side of this tragedy

Knew the money side of things would raise its head, no need for either club to go public about it
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 20:29:25 »

Agree with the above. If you bought a house, signed contract etc, and it caught fire or something like that before you moved in, you are still obliged to pay aren’t you.

But yes, the timing sucks.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 20:53:37 »

Let's make no mistake. I think Cardiff are more than willing to pay but Nantes maybe should have a little bedside manner in what is an absolute tragedy. It's an abnormal event, whereby the players family should be the top of concern. The business side will of course be settled in due course. It could be something as simple as Cardiff awaiting for the insurance paying out.

That isn't Nantes problem but being French, you would think they might take reference from their own National slogan;

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Especially the 'fraternité' part. "Friendship and mutual support in a group."

It may have been better if they simply released a statement along the lines of "We're assisting Cardiff City with the settlement of the transfer fee and liaising with the family of Emiliano in what is a very difficult time. As football is a world family, we offer and extend our help to our football family. Liberté, egalité, fraternité."

A smidge of empathy goes a long way. Business or not.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 21:45:11 »

tbf, Cardiff have said they recognise they owe the money and have no intention of not paying it, they're just questioning the timing of Nantes' request
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 21:46:49 »

tbf, Cardiff have said they recognise they owe the money and have no intention of not paying it, they're just questioning the timing of Nantes' request

Whilst they check they have insurance...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 21:54:44 »

Agree with the above. If you bought a house, signed contract etc, and it caught fire or something like that before you moved in, you are still obliged to pay aren’t you.

But yes, the timing sucks.

No.

We have ‘bought’ a house before. Exchanged contracts, had a completion date and even a move in date. Never got the keys. Sellers were in negative equity and couldn’t pay the mortgage off.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 21:59:18 »

presumably they got whacked with financial penalties
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 22:12:51 »

Nope. Decided not to go down that route. If they didn’t have the money to pay off the mortgage what chance of getting any money off them...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 22:13:10 »

How would they not know they wouldnt have been able to pay the mortgage off?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: